Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 04:54 PM

Re: School - Did you excel in anything?

Was good at Music,..English..PE,.. Bookkeeping..shooter in the Netball Team,..running,..hurdling,..all sports except rounders..Quite enjoyed French...was rubbish at Maths/geography/History/Shorthand....I was even a Prefect believe it or not
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:06 PM

In the first year at secondary school, I came top in music, but that was partly because I'd been having violin lessons at primary school.
Fairly good at English language too, also needlework and domestic science. Gradually everything went down the pan until the year we were supposed to do our 'O' levels when I suddenly became whizzy at ART ! lol

Took my 'A' level instead of 'O' level, got Grade 'A' and the rest is history
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I excelled at gazing through the windows at the countryside and wanting to be out there running through the fields.
I haven't changed at all
You've just conjured up a picture of you as one of those kids on Little House On The Prairie Meg
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:13 PM

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about music. I had a good ear apparently. I'd forgotten I used the play the piano too.

Rachel, you mentioned maths. My worst nightmare!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:17 PM

About the only thing I was any good at at school was English. I could spell and write stories etc.
I was never any good at geography or history, still just as useless now.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:21 PM

I excelled at the subjects I was interested in...and for those that I was bored with, the teachers knowing I was capable, were often pushed to breaking point. In short in those lessons I got the ruler more than I put pen to paper
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:21 PM

I got good grades in:

English
Art
Typing
Office Pr.
Commerce

I loved English and PE.

Report:

Could have done better.
Too much talking.

I was a Prefect and Librarian.

And I made a Dress and had to model it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:33 PM

I got an honours degree in Getting Into Trouble

They made me a Perfect because they didn't know what else to do with me
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:53 PM

I was good at English, Geography, RE, and General Knowledge. I have quite a number of school prizes from my primary school, and the Ladies College I attended at 11. I was terrible at Maths, in spite of my parents employing private tutors for me!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:54 PM

Sweet Bugger All as the teachers never knew the answers to anything . And I HATED English as it was not logical as I later found maths/physics subjects to be, when I entered the real world.

The most prized learning with the boys was being able to pee six foot through the wood slats in the outside toilets when the girls were passing on the other side.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top