Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Re: My garden today

Talking of tits, I have a couple of them that seem to like to flit in and out of my hedge at the back of the house, usually the wee sparrows occupy that spot but it is so nice to see some tits as well.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2011, 01:54 AM

Pretty little birds, we don't have them here in the States ....
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2011, 09:53 AM

No blue tits in my garden - but we have plenty of big fat pigeons - that swoop up and down my garden and leave a big mess on my windows.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by marilyno07 ->
No blue tits in my garden - but we have plenty of big fat pigeons - that swoop up and down my garden and leave a big mess on my windows.
We have lots of wood pigeons too marilyn, but also lots of smaller bird visit our feeders including four species of tit, three species of finch including goldfinch and bullfinches (for the first year ever) and many sparrows, robins and wrens etc. We are very lucky in that we live adjacent to Sherwood Forest, and all the wildlife seems to visit sooner or later...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2011, 10:34 AM

At the moment the birds are dismantling my mangers - they do it every year, the blackbirds are the main culprits. Even when I leave them a bit of lining out separate, they seem to prefer to help themselves from my planted up mangers on the wall.
We also seem to have a lot more foxes this year. Does anyone else notice an increase? There is a den being used under one of our sheds. Now we have no dog they are nearly always around somewhere in the garden. I don't mnd the foxes, but I do mind the pigeons - they roost in the oak tree and leave a right mess. I wonder why the foxes don't make themselves useful and catch the pigeons for me.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

13-05-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Pretty little birds, we don't have them here in the States ....

LOL

I have it on authority from many of my American Chums that you do indeed have at least one " Tit " over there .....Bush is his name , a.k.a " Dubya " , and what a Great Tit they think he is

I tend to agree with them !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbZqvMu2cQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfwRb...eature=related

marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2011, 09:38 AM

After saying I dont have any blue tits in my garden - I was putting out the washing the weekend, stopped for one of those reflection moments - and noticed a blue tit (at least I am sure it was one) on my roses.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2011, 09:48 AM

It is so lovely to see the birds (all sorts) come into the garden, we have a couple of bird tables at the bottom of the garden and it is nice when they come to feed i sit their quietly and watch them taking it in turns and lining up on the fence, and hear them tweeting which i assume is telling all the other birds there is food in this garden.
marilyno07
Gloucestershire

18-05-2011, 09:52 AM

wonderful photos - I have learnt my lesson over the years in putting in plants I like - but the garden doesnt.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

18-05-2011, 05:34 PM

More Monty Tails and further bouts of insanity from the frozen western slopes of the Pennines.

First the good news on a wet afternoon, whilst engaged on today's post prandial perambulation or perhaps shuffle would be more accurate, I heard the unmistakable cheep, cheep coming from one of the nest boxes.

I have never known them to hatch so early up here and just hope all is well.

As for Monty, I think perhaps he is related to Mr Jingles of Green Mile fame as he has the constitution of an ox.

Since all other tactics failed miserably I tried to tempt him into the tunnel trap by playing his favourite song.

One Brown Mouse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSFU8fYkqDg

As yet nothing, but patience will out and by his whiskers I will have my day.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top