Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2011, 12:52 PM

Re: Top five favourite films of all time!

*The quiet man*

I'm 11 years old and there's a JW film on I beg sixpence off my Mother(a weeks pocket money) to go and see it, yippee Loads of dead Injuns or Germans or Japanese.

I still remember this film because I have never before or after been so bored.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2011, 04:08 PM

I was too polite to say.....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->
This is the song from Easy Rider that deeply moved me. Probably one of the greatest anthems of the Hippy generation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hEfc...eature=related
Wow, did anyone ever make a more boring and forgettable song? No wonder I never finished the film, I'm completely underwhelmed...
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Funny how we are all so different aint it? I suppose that makes life more interesting. It would be very dull otherwise wouldn't it? The Byrds are among my most favorite of all time.

Give some examples of your favorites Plantman, It would be interesting to see if we have some common ground.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2011, 09:06 AM

Apocalypse Now
Dead Mans Shoes
Casablanca
No Country for Old Men
Pulp Fiction
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
*The quiet man*

I'm 11 years old and there's a JW film on I beg sixpence off my Mother(a weeks pocket money) to go and see it, yippee Loads of dead Injuns or Germans or Japanese.

I still remember this film because I have never before or after been so bored.
I loved it for the fight scene, not much else.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK

22-03-2011, 06:28 PM

Apocalypse Now. Yes. Great film. The dark music from The Doors suits it perfectly!
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK

22-03-2011, 06:34 PM

Apocalypse Now intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx07A...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->
Funny how we are all so different aint it? I suppose that makes life more interesting. It would be very dull otherwise wouldn't it? The Byrds are among my most favorite of all time.

Give some examples of your favorites Plantman, It would be interesting to see if we have some common ground.
You seem a bit of a music afficianado mojo but it hasn't really been a big thing in my life, although having said that I am happy to listen to most types in moderation. Regarding Easy Rider, I would have perhaps found it more stimulating with a bit more of a rock n roll theme, maybe with a backing of Steppenwolf or the Rolling Stones......the bikes were great though!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

23-03-2011, 03:01 PM

The DeerHunter

Who`s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf

Jack and Sarah

The Birdcage

The Fisher King

All fab films ( imho )

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top