Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 07:58 PM

Re: Comics, what did or do you read

You'll be very surprised to discover just how much money those 2000AD comics are worth! Check out ebay.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I was into the super heroes, Flash, Superman, Green Lantern & the Justice League.
Green Lantern !! A firm favorite for many years! I have issue 1 !!!

There was talk of a movie!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->
You'll be very surprised to discover just how much money those 2000AD comics are worth! Check out ebay.
They are 1980 and 1990s ones so probably not worth very much.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 09:43 PM

Remember Dandy and Beano and we also had Bunty....we also got these as Annuals at that certain time of year in December!!!!
Rum
New Member!
Cumbria
Rum is male 

17-03-2011, 09:52 PM

When I was a kid we lived in Hong Kong. My Gran used to send us a parcel every two or three months (thinking we were living in a tent or something out there!). She always included a copy of the Hotspur and the Beano and I used to love to read those. She kept sending them as I was discovering DC and then the wonderful thing which was Marvel! Marvel gave characters depth and a background! They seemed to turn the one dimensional DC type characters into something much more human. I loved them! I have a first issue of the Fantastic 4, Spiderman and the Hulk, which would be worth literally hundreds if not more now.

English comics seemed really something from a different era. Have they kept up with the times?
Dollychris
South Wales
Dollychris is female  Dollychris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2011, 12:51 AM

Bunty and Judy for me - loved the little dress up paper doll with outfits on the back of Bunty comic. Oh...........the memories are flooding back!
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK

18-03-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rum ->
When I was a kid we lived in Hong Kong. My Gran used to send us a parcel every two or three months (thinking we were living in a tent or something out there!). She always included a copy of the Hotspur and the Beano and I used to love to read those. She kept sending them as I was discovering DC and then the wonderful thing which was Marvel! Marvel gave characters depth and a background! They seemed to turn the one dimensional DC type characters into something much more human. I loved them! I have a first issue of the Fantastic 4, Spiderman and the Hulk, which would be worth literally hundreds if not more now.

English comics seemed really something from a different era. Have they kept up with the times?

Rum!!! If you have issue 1 of Fantastic 4, Spiderman and Hulk they are not worth 100s, you are talking of thousands and thousands, particularly if they're still in good condtion.

Take 'em down "Antiques Roadshow" mate
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2011, 08:42 AM

We did not have any comics as kids except for only the standup type but our kids had Victor, Hotspur, Eagle, Bunty, Beano and Dandy, We buy the Rupert Annual for our GD and have done since she was 3(now 19 ) .
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK

18-03-2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
We did not have any comics as kids except for only the standup type but our kids had Victor, Hotspur, Eagle, Bunty, Beano and Dandy, We buy the Rupert Annual for our GD and have done since she was 3(now 19 ) .
Does she still have al the Rupert annualsl? They're magnificent !
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->
Does she still have al the Rupert annualsl? They're magnificent !
Yes she saves them in a special bookcase that her dad made for her.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top