Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Re: With Respect - Bowing Out

Chris, I hope you read this lot of replies, you will know what I mean if you do.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Please stay, Rainbow! I echo what Mags and Losos put so well. I enjoy your threads and respond to those that interest me (which are most!). The forum had been getting a bit slow, and I welcome the posts .... reconsider, please!
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2011, 06:04 PM

I can assure you she either has by now or soon will read them.
I made it my business to contact her sorry butt in UK and she had 2 choices:
1. come back of her own accord or
2. I'd go over there & drag her a-- back on here.
Want'a guess which one she chose?
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2011, 06:35 PM

What a shame to see this on here of all places. I thought us more mature folks were beyond this 'white van man' type of behaviour seen on so many forums.

Would we be so cruel if we were speaking face to face?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2011, 07:38 PM

Oh dear Oh dear what a palaver over a couple of comments, one of which was supposed to be in private from myself, sent as a friend who would have a quiet word if they thought you were making a fool of yourself at a party.

I am sure there was never any intent on anyone`s part, certainly not on mine, to drive Rainbow away from the forum, which she has (or has not, as time will tell), decided to do herself by her ridiculous over reaction. Bob has apologised, as I do now if I caused offence, but offence was never my intention, I was merely passing a private opinion that she could be looking a little foolish to some forum members, an opinion which she could have ignored or have taken heed of to suit herself.

This is the last I will say on this matter.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

19-01-2011, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
With respect, bowing out.....

Rainbow

Please dont go Rainbow .You are a breath of fresh air in what is a stale and cliquey Board .

You have as much right to post whatever you want as anyone else does and at least you bring the Lurkers out ......

I tried the same thing but Azz dumped all my new threads in some obscure part of the Forum where nobody could see them ...He hasnt done that with yours ..You must be favoured x x x ....Stay please .
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
I tried the same thing but Azz dumped all my new threads in some obscure part of the Forum where nobody could see them ...He hasnt done that with yours ..You must be favoured x x x ....Stay please .
Sorry guys I have been busy organising my dads birthday party.

All humour threads are usually moved to the humour section, and I see we are getting busy so think we should take on a few mods now

I will ask Mags and Meg if they would like to be mods to begin with, as they're already mods on Dogsey and Catsey so know the forum system well - I know they're both busy so there will be no pressure on them whatsoever. We'll then get a couple of other mods to help around the place as well... as I think we might need it

If you fancy being a mod PM me, we generally look for:

• Someone who knows their way around a forum - and are willing to learn a bit more (moderator features etc)
  • Someone who's got enough time to carry out mod duties, a lot of which are mundane and boring (!) such as moving threads to the correct section, changing titles so they are descriptive, etc
  • Someone who is able to look at things objectively and not 'take sides' when their friends may be involved.
  • Someone who doesn't get into any heated debates or 'arguments' - mature adult debate is fine, but if you're the sort to 'let rip' them being a mod is probably not a good idea (for everyone elses sake lol). If you've already locked horns with someone already - that's probably a good hint for not applying lol.
  • Someone who is diplomatic, and sincere. etc

And there's probably a lot more I've forgotten too! so please only PM me if you fit the above criteria and are serious about helping out

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top