Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 06:37 PM

Phobias

Do you have any serious phobias, however odd?

I suffer from quite severe claustrophobia which prevents me from going in lifts, windowless rooms, trains and planes. Also obviously hate crowds and avoid motorways like the plague as don't like to be in any situation where I feel 'trapped'. In fact I don't like being too far from home anyway. I always used to have a dread of being arrested for something I didn't do and being locked in a police cell Bit of a lost cause really.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Re: Phobias

Small vermin such as rats & mice do it for me.

OK with snakes and spiders though
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Dentists! I have neglected my teeth because of a real fear, caused by two horrible childhood instances. Mild spider phobia, not really serious. Have never flown but the idea terrifies me.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 08:21 PM

:
Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Dentists! I have neglected my teeth because of a real fear, caused by two horrible childhood instances. Mild spider phobia, not really serious. Have never flown but the idea terrifies me.
Yes dentists as well. Being trapped in that chair sends a shiver down my spine. Luckily my teeth are not too bad but will have to brave it soon. Being stuck in an aircraft with no means of exit - aaaahhhhhh. As for the channel tunnel - stomach wobbles just thinking about it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 08:28 PM

I don't have any serious phobias thank goodness!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 08:38 PM

Not as serious as a phobia, but near enough, I have a dread of moths and daddylongs. Have to sleep on settee if one goes in bedroom at night, but am able to sort it out day after.

Mice and spiders are not far behind either........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 09:39 PM

I don't think I have any phobias as such ........ I don't like handling any insects but I don't think of that as a phobia...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 10:45 PM

Spiders - can't stand them and I usual shout and frighten the life out of poor Loki! Now my parrots copy me when I shout if I see a spider - more like a scream!! I just cannot stand them and even the thought of them, makes my blood curdle and hair stand on end!!
Barbara
New Member!
USA
Barbara is female 

27-10-2010, 11:02 PM

I have a moderate fear of heights, wouldn't call it a phobia though. I won't go to the edge of cliffs unless there is a railing. Ladders scare me ...I can go up and back down but I can't be on top of something and then look down and try to get back onto the ladder. Yikes!!
butterfly
London
butterfly is female  butterfly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 01:29 AM

Flying............hate it. I will do it but I have to go to the doctor to get something to make it more bearable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top