Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 11:38 AM

Re: Spiders

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Living in Africa should have cured me of my fear of spiders but it didn't, hate them and daddy long legs (crane flies) stupid, useless creatures, they're only on the planet to annoy us.
Didn't cure me either. Tessa. When you can put a saddle on a cockroach/Spider it's time to leave well alone.

Also when you tried to kill one and millions of babies popped out...then scurried away. EEEEEEKYUKYUK

Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 11:42 AM

I suppose you jump up on a chair when you see a mouse as well. Even if you have to push the elephant, who got there before you, off.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I suppose you jump up on a chair when you see a mouse as well. Even if you have to push the elephant, who got there before you, off.
Now you are being silly Ploppy. Spiders are orrid whereas mice and elephants are cute
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 11:55 AM

All baby animals are cute, especially venomous spiders.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 12:50 PM

Without spiders there would be no spider's webs. What can be more beautiful than a web covered in dew drops or sparkling with frost?

Always use a duster to gently pick up a spider, otherwise you might squash him or pull off one of those delicate legs.

I have never come across one of those scary Australian spiders but I did try to stroke a Tarantula at a show once, his keeper thought I was mad, I probably am
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=Myth and Magic;711192]Without spiders there would be no spider's webs. What can be more beautiful than a web covered in dew drops or sparkling with frost?

Always use a duster to gently pick up a spider, otherwise you might squash him or pull off one of those delicate legs.

I don't find 'em so beautiful when I don't see them in time and walk into the darn things.
They'd even made a web over my tomato plants this week and I had to 'unhook it' to pick to the tomatoes.
solo
UK

26-09-2015, 05:07 PM

As you say cobwebs are truly beautiful creations but they are always done where you don't want them. No matter how careful you go you always manage to get tangled up in one...and thats when the panic starts
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 11:08 PM

Garden spiders have spun webs across our steps, I walked right into one without seeing it yesterday & the spider was clinging to my t shirt. Ugh! I flicked it off pretty quick.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 03:30 AM

Frickin' monsters, trying to clear a flower pot for my Dad and here is this big old spider. No you left it outside, it's mine now. Used the strongest rinse on the hose. And we took that pot back...it was ugly but yeah...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Looking for recruits for the SAS. Spider appreciation society.
and you have found one here, Emjay, I love spiders! Had a fun 'Spider ID' day at a local nature reserve recently. We had to collect as many spiders as we could find - without hurting them - and see how many different ones we could identify before releasing them again. It was so interesting as there was an expert there - with a microscope - so we could all have a good look at our spiders. Some of them are really beautiful when seen up close.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top