Join for free
Old Gal
New Member!
London, UK
Old Gal is female 

24-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Gardening Cruise

As you all might have guessed I am a regular cruisers and today in the post I received something that has really excited me.

It ia a brochure filled with all these garden cruises, which are hosted by Celebrity gardeners such as Alan Titchmarch. I have never been on one of these before but am really thinking of going for enxt year.

Has anyone else been on a similiar type of holiday and what are they like. DO you actually get a chance to meet your host or are they just there for the publicity.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2010, 05:36 PM

Re: Gardening Cruise

I have never been on such a thing so cannot say.

But I did go on a trip to the garden featured in a BBC series `The Victorian Kitchen Garden`

Harry Dodson was as kind and helpful in reality as he came over on tv.

And I suspect Alan Titchmarch is in a similar mould although I have never met him.

RIP Harry-one of the `gentlemen` of gardeners

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ob...on-507520.html
Old Gal
New Member!
London, UK
Old Gal is female 

25-08-2010, 03:50 PM

I have spoken to my friends and neither of them have been on anything like this. Although it does seem very genuine, I am not sure whether it is too good to be true. The deal say there is a private cocktail party, a free shore excursion, signed book & exclusive talks.
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2010, 04:37 PM

I also enjoy cruises (am off next week) and a very keen gardener,but.................I can understand lectures on a boat but practical!!! am wondering if they call this a gardening cruise just because of the lecures, but visiting some of the gardens in the Caribbean, now your talking

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top