Join for free
Page 17 of 20 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 03:31 PM

Re: Spectacular Scotland pics

The River Dee towards Braemar. Couldn't not take a PIC yesterday
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 03:33 PM

Not a spectacular pic but my feet in the Quoich waters yesterday. Water from the rain and snow - freezing! Had to do it though
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 03:41 PM

Grumble wagon, I love your pics. The quality and composition are superb.

Myra, of course I love yours too. You captured some great memories of what is turning into a great weekend.

Myrtle, I hope you get great weather for your trip.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 04:04 PM

Pappy, thanks for that - I'm flattered as I'm very much just a 'point & click' sort of photographer. I do however have a fairly decent Nikon camera and I tend to crop and tweak the photos if necessary.

Myra, lovely pics. You, like me, must like the area round Braemar. I used to go there quite often in the motorhome (The 'Grumblewagon' , which is where my forum name comes from). Now I more often stay at Banchory and take the bus to Braemar.

Here's a somewhat wilder photo. Cullykahn bay looking across towards Pennan (Ferness in the film Local Hero)

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 07:58 PM

I think they are all great pix!!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

29-03-2015, 03:32 PM

Great pic Grumble. The water looks very dramatic towards Pennan. I absolutely loved Braemar. We also drove to Ballater. Sat and had a cream tea in the tearoom which was previously the railway station. Then we bought a Balmoral loaf in the baker's, to bring home. Such a beautiful part of Scotland and we'll definitely be back. My partner was the perfect guide as he spent lots of time in Braemar as his wife was born and brought up there. He knows the area very well. It was nice to visit the cemetery and place some flowers.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

29-03-2015, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I've just booked a four night coach trip to Strathpeffer in May with Shearings
Great Myrtle! Shearings breaks are nice. We stayed in a Shearings hotel in Braemar, The Invercauld, and it was very nice. I hope the weather is kind to you x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Great Myrtle! Shearings breaks are nice. We stayed in a Shearings hotel in Braemar, The Invercauld, and it was very nice. I hope the weather is kind to you x
Nice one, Myrtle!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

29-03-2015, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I think they are all great pix!!
Thanks Jazzi. I like them all too
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 05:57 PM

Yes, I know the Invercauld and the Fife Arms. You used to be able to get a good Belgian beer there. Anyway, if you like Royal Deeside, you'll absolutely love the Spey Valley. It's also the home of the Whisky industry, and even if you don't drink, it's fascinating to look round.

The Glenfiddich distillery in Dufftown. (also a preserved railway & station nearby)

Whisky Casks at the Speyside Cooperage.

Page 17 of 20 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top