Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 07:48 PM

Big Bird!

On my way into work this morning I was about a mile from work when I saw a large bird above the road.

At first I thought it was a buzzard then I realised it was too big so I thought Red Kite as I've seen them in Bedfordshire many times.

Trying to look up at an ever-increasing angle while driving was impossible (and dangerous!) so my last glimpse told me this was NOT a Red Kite either!

This evening I've discovered that a Golden Eagle is on the loose after escaping its keeper today - I've just see a snap taken today on the internet and that was 2 miles from where I saw the big bird this morning so it looks like it could have been the eagle.
Just waiting to see Look East now!! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 07:54 PM

Re: Big Bird!

FAB !
I want one !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 08:01 PM

That's a good spot Steve. I golden eagle has a wingspan
from 5ft to 8ft. So you cant miss one of them flying over
your head.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 09:14 PM

I won't be coming your way then Steve, it's bad enough watching out for sea gulls in case they try to take my Betty (chihuahua).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
On my way into work this morning I was about a mile from work when I saw a large bird above the road.

At first I thought it was a buzzard then I realised it was too big so I thought Red Kite as I've seen them in Bedfordshire many times.

Trying to look up at an ever-increasing angle while driving was impossible (and dangerous!) so my last glimpse told me this was NOT a Red Kite either!

This evening I've discovered that a Golden Eagle is on the loose after escaping its keeper today - I've just see a snap taken today on the internet and that was 2 miles from where I saw the big bird this morning so it looks like it could have been the eagle.
Just waiting to see Look East now!! stevmk2

Steve, his name is Norman if it is the missing eagle. The owner is desperately trying to find him. It said on our local news to please phone the RSPB if you spot him.
They said he bit through his leg leathers and flew off. He is huge and has a 6ft wingspan they said. I hope nobody shoots him.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 11:36 PM

Why on earth would anyone want to shoot him?

Its such a cave man attitude..

I hope the eagle is reunited with its owner soon..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 12:57 AM

It could easily starve to death ive seen this in escaped birds many times. Ive also watched Golden eagles in the wild many times, and not in Scotland, i might add.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 01:08 AM

That was exciting to see stevmk2, but hope the eagle is returned home safely.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 01:00 PM

Yes, I really do hope the bird is reunited with it's owner save and sound, the poor bird must be in a state of total confusion by now.
namibcheetah
Johannesburg, South Africa
namibcheetah is female 

16-01-2015, 04:39 PM

Oh how lucky, I'm sure it was the Golden Eagle you saw. May he find his way home safely.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top