Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 06:38 AM

Re: Sharia for uk ??

No I do not jump on wagons, I have seen it for myself when I lived there. I will not argue the toss with you - you haven't a clue as to what is happening there.

I say no more on the subject.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 06:44 AM

I lived, went to university and worked in the east end of London for 35 years. I continue to have relatives and friends in the area.

A few mischief makers around Muslim densely populated areas - does not equate with Sharia law.

Nothing on this thread leads me to believe that there is anything other than a bunch of folk that read and believe everything written by the right-wing press.

I repeat we ARE NOT about to be taken over by Sharia law. Could you honestly see the City of London, the Judiciary, the Country toffs, the academics, celebrities, the sports community sitting back and watch our entire constitution be transformed from the liberated Western capitalist system to Sharia? It's a ridiculous suggestion.

now if anyone wants to start a thread about fairies at the bottom of their garden?

Originally Posted by mysterie ->
It is the attitude of burying one's head in the sand that makes it all so easy for Muslims to take the country over. May I suggest Baxter that you visit the East end of London and some other inner London streets - women who are not Muslims who came from UK from many generations are being told not to work in these areas unless they are prepared to wear the Muslim attire, find the Chemist staff who were threatened because the area was claimed as a Muslim only area! This is not bullying it is defending one's life and livelihood. My health made me leave the country but I hope the English hold on to their country and dispel any Muslim ideals.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 06:59 AM

If all you rely upon is the evidence of your prejudiced senses I.e your eyes then I think it probably wise for you not to argue and say no more.

Originally Posted by mysterie ->
No I do not jump on wagons, I have seen it for myself when I lived there. I will not argue the toss with you - you haven't a clue as to what is happening there.

I say no more on the subject.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Do you actually read the nonsense you are offering as evidence of your claims?

Just one example:

7. 1,870,000 Cambodia: Khmer Rouge 1975-79; civil war 1978-91

You would only have to have the minimal knowledge of the world to know that 97% of Cambodians are Buddhist and only 200000 (less than 2%) are Muslim to know that this is complete drivel.

Evidently your 'evidence' is part that 67.45% of statistics that are made up on the spur of the moment
I think your first comment - "Do you actually read ....etc etc" is accidentally ironic as you have obviously not read the article in question - simply skimmed it in the hopes of finding an obvious mistake. Let me explain.....
The list of deaths from which you quote the Cambodian figures are not deaths of muslims, or killings committed by muslims, they are part of a wider survey of people killed in human conflicts since 1950. The figure of almost 2 million killed relates to all Cambodians killed by the Khmer Rouge or in the later civil war. It is estimated that between 100,000 and 400,000 muslims were killed during these conflicts (which is why there are a smaller proportion of them now). The Peace Pledge Union (which I imagine you would not characterise as a right wing news source) states that "half the Cham Muslim population was murdered" - http://www.ppu.org.uk/genocide/g_cambodia1.html

Even so, these statistics are irrelevant to my main point (as you would have seen if you had read the article in full) as they were not killed by fellow muslims.
The fact remains that it is estimated that:
some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948.......................... over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 10:42 AM

When it is said Muslims are saying everyday they want us to be a Muslim state I do wonder who they are, Muslims I know are happy and content to be living here being able to worship in peace, they come together with other faiths at various times and we all accept there are commonalities between most religions, and we rejoice at that.

Also anyone can say anything and it won't necessarily become true, I think everyone should own a dog anyone refusing will be fined. See anyone can say what they like and it won't make a jot of difference. Shame on the media IMO for seeking the fringes and the extremists to make their programmes, many times I have watched anjem choudary being interviewed everyone I know considers him a lunatic who should be expelled from our country or laughed at for being so daft. Yet BBC etc wheel him out and ignore normal Muslims who do love the country they live in.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 12:47 PM

Julie, 'Muslims' should not be persecuted, 'neither' should we turn a blind eye to the extremists in this country. They 'do' exist and the peace loving Muslims should and probably do - condemn them.
It is 'our right' to do the same - they are not welcome in this country, where some have been raised - to then go off and fight against us .......
As for Sharia - we need to keep an eye on things - reports 'should' be made and acted upon - no problem with that either .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Julie, 'Muslims' should not be persecuted, 'neither' should we turn a blind eye to the extremists in this country. They 'do' exist and the peace loving Muslims should and probably do - condemn them.
It is 'our right' to do the same - they are not welcome in this country, where some have been raised - to then go off and fight against us .......
As for Sharia - we need to keep an eye on things - reports 'should' be made and acted upon - no problem with that either .......
I completely agree I just don't think we need to keep an eye on them so openly in the media. Lets see some more normal people just for a change. And yes the Muslims I know very much condemn them their lives get worse every time a nutter is in the news.

Sharia in it's true form (none of the beheading stuff) isn't far from the beth din courts we already have, halal foods are not far from kosher foods either but we demonise one and not the other.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 12:57 PM

I believe that Islam will eventually dominate the whole world as out of all the religions they have the best brainwashing techniques, and their birthrate will continue to grow exponentially until they outpopulate all other faiths anyway. Just a question of simple mathematics really...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I completely agree I just don't think we need to keep an eye on them so openly in the media. Lets see some more normal people just for a change. And yes the Muslims I know very much condemn them their lives get worse every time a nutter is in the news.

Sharia in it's true form (none of the beheading stuff) isn't far from the beth din courts we already have, halal foods are not far from kosher foods either but we demonise one and not the other.
Have to say - in the past - I had not been aware of the downright persecution of women that I am witnessing now, I don't like the changes I am seeing but we do have to be made aware - I agree though, we have to see an equal balance .......
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Most of the animal welfare people I know are as opposed to kosher slaughter as they are to halal slaughter.

The big difference between Beth Din and Sharia is that whereas orthodox jews are only interested in controlling their own pretty small but devout community, some of the extremist muslims want to rule the whole world through Sharia. In this form of extreme Islamism, there is no distinction between religion and politics/culture/social behaviour. All human activity (in their opinion) should be ruled by their particularly screwed up form of religion. The Daesha (ISIL) 'Caliphate' is the personification of this view.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top