Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Re: What adverts are particularly annoying you?

My MIL who is 82 makes me laugh, she turns the 'shouting' add down and tells them off she says she doesn't like being shouted at in her own living room.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 04:51 PM

DFS......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also " we buy any car.com, we buy any car.com any any any any" maddening!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 06:30 PM

I think I am getting an idea that these repetitive 'jingles' are the thing that drives us mad.
I am sick of being asked by fairly respected actors and personalities to put something away so that when I am dead my 'loved ones' will have something to bury me with. There is a slightly crazed look in their eye when they tell me that if I am between the ages of 50 - 80 I don't need a medical and I can get a free Parker Pen for just enquiring.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I hate the fact that they seem to think we have suddenly all gone hard of hearing and need to hear the adds at full volume, I get fed up with having to turn the volume down. I am sure it didn't used to be like that.
I've measured it on a sound meter, . . it varies between 20% to 30% louder when commercials are on, . . It's actually a form of brainwashing, the commies did this to prisoners during the Korean war, . . I sit with the remote handy and hit the mute button when they come on.
Maltagozo
New Member!
SUFFOLK
Maltagozo is male 

20-02-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
Go Compare is the worst ever
I agree suey its almost as bad as that singing frog that used to come on lol!!!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2010, 02:17 PM

The Broadcasting Commission laid out rules on advertising on TV over 20 years ago, . . broadcasters are allowed 12 minutes in every hour to screen advertisements.

I just been watching the Yesterday channel and between 11am and 12 noon they broke the law, . . the commercials lasted a total of 17 minutes in that hour, . . this make them liable to a fine not exceeding £25,000 . . . will the government watchdogs "OFCOM" take head ? .. no, I've phoned them before and they told me I must have positive proof of breaches in broadcasting standards.

I am a lonely voice in the wilderness on this matter so if you're sick to death of continual interruptions on programs you like to watch take a note of the duration of the commercials and phone OFCOM to complain, they're in the phone book under Government, . . perhaps if more people complained OFCOM will take action.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

21-02-2010, 02:20 PM

Didn't know about such a law, sounds interesting. I will have tot up the minutes of advertising. It is easily done when you have recorded a programme.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2010, 02:30 PM

Leslie Phillips Iams ad voice over for its banal treacly schmaltzy sugary over sentimentality
Maltagozo
New Member!
SUFFOLK
Maltagozo is male 

21-02-2010, 02:32 PM

What i do now whenever the adverts are about to come on i push the mute button saves hearing all that old c**p.
nero
Central Scotland

21-02-2010, 02:54 PM

I've sometimes watched documentary channels at 3am, . . normally each program lasts for an hour due to commercial breaks but during the night these same programs only last for 40 minutes with no commercial breaks, . . this is because they know very few people will be watching TV at that hour therefore don't screen the ads.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top