Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Hilary Bradshaw
St. Helens, Merseyside
Hilary Bradshaw is female  Hilary Bradshaw has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Re: The Strawbs

No, I think that was Lindisfarne
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hilary Bradshaw ->
No, I think that was Lindisfarne
Yes of course it was, silly me thanks Hiliary. I must confess in that case I'm not a great fan of The Strawbs but my husband is.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Oh, my afghan it was soo beautiful. I wore it in a dress shop when a friend was looking for a dress and some woman came and sprayed air freshner around me as she must have thought my gorgeous coat was a bit pongy. God I loved my coat.

I can't remember if they played Lady Eleanor it was a long time ago. I remember being so thrilled because I had seen Blue Weaver in the flesh at the bar afterwards yet I was to shy to say hello.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Yes I saw them-first time was Leeds Poly and the `Hangman and the Papist` brought tears to my eyes.

But I go back further-waiting for a bus outside the Methodist Chapel and my radio-and this came on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWzCbg9fzeU
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Thank you for that link what a wonderful sound. I was transported right back, I kicked off my arthritis and was young again dancing to this wonderfull sound. I do so love the Strawbs.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 02:12 PM

Thank you for that link what a wonderful sound. I was transported right back

My pleasure--just because we are over 50 doesn`t mean we are old??
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

15-01-2010, 02:21 PM

I kicked off my arthritis and was young again

And I can cut and paste

We might not dance too quickly but this is fun??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmrpWyTdxQ
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

15-01-2010, 02:40 PM

I cannot believe that was 1973 it sounds as fresh and good as it was then. I may sound like my mother but sounds from today's pop idols will never last the way that those of the past have lasted. You are right of course just because we are over 50 doesn't make us old even if some of us are over 60. I truly believe that our generation will never get old gracefully as the songs says I hope I die before I get old.
Hilary Bradshaw
St. Helens, Merseyside
Hilary Bradshaw is female  Hilary Bradshaw has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 04:33 PM

weather permitting, I am going to Birmingham to see the acoustic Strawbs tomorrow. whoooooooooooooooooo!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

15-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Great, will keep fingers crossed for good weather. I know you will enjoy, lucky you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top