Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
jennym
bracknell, United Kingdom
jennym is female  jennym has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2013, 03:21 PM

Re: Music, Los Angeles in the 70's

Public Image Ltd - Rise (12"Version) (1986/ 2013)

Just love this one, never really liked John Lydon but thought this was great.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2013, 04:38 PM

Accessible and good tune (notice the use of the word "tune"). I've always like Johnny Lydon from the Sex Pistol days. I like the Africa Bambatta rap disk too.
So it fits in the 70s music theme.

I happen to feel this is right on the nut..
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2013, 04:53 PM

I have the Metal Box somewhere, in my storage unit, I'm inspired to dig it out. I ordered it before it was released in the US. You must take Lydon with a grain of salt and seriously at the same time. He was living in the Hollywood hills not too long ago, if not right now.
I've always liked dissonance and chaos. I like a melody too, but cacophony is great.

take your pick..
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA

25-09-2013, 05:09 PM

Going over to the establishment side. I love Frank, Dino and Uncle Milty. These guys are Gods. I love every era of Frank, from Tommy Dorsey to this schmaltzy rehash stuff.
The first part is the typical Rat Pack goofing with Uncle Milty for a brief second.
jennym
bracknell, United Kingdom
jennym is female  jennym has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2013, 05:12 PM

Never that keen on Frank but love Dean Martin.
Bob Dylan my all time favorite, wish I had been able to see him live.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA

25-09-2013, 05:55 PM

Bob, I'm burnt out on him. I used to worship him and I enjoy listening to highway 61 or blond on blond occasionally.
Dino is great. My favorite tune of his is Huston which was written by another favorite of mine, Lee Hazlewood, and he of course wrote Boots for Nancy Sinatra.
Archer
Adelaide, South Australia
Archer is male  Archer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 03:20 AM

Grand Funk Railroad and the Doobie Brothers were/are two of my favourites...

If this doesn't get your foot tappin', nothing will...after 45 years, Grand Funk still hold records for crowd attendances at some stadiums...and they're still going...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIHRinAtCH8

The Doobies...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTCyO9MpGUM

How do you add the actual video...??
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA

26-09-2013, 03:42 AM

Hard to explain, look at the help thread.
I like them better now than I did then, same with Zep.
Asp3
San Jose, CA
Asp3 is male  Asp3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 10:10 PM

Thank you for the wonderful thread. I'm familiar with a fair number of the bands you listed here even though I was in the bay area and not the LA area. I had a wonderful friend down in the LA area during the 86-90 time frame who was connected with a number of the artists down there. One of the groups from that time period I still love is The Dickies.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top