Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 07:56 AM

Re: The Death Penalty has reared its ugly head!

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Sorry for misreading your post Uncle Joe - I can only put it down to never having read about life meaning life actually happening and my brain did a quick, but foolhardy, change in seeing what I believed rather than what I'd actually read!

Then maybe the solution would be to stop putting people in prison when prison isn't the solution (like non-payment of fines or council tax) and use community-based work instead as a way of making reparation?
I'll leave that to you to campaign for Karen darlin'
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I'll leave that to you to campaign for Karen darlin'
The post was more about other people's thoughts on that - I can hardly campaign in the UK can I
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

29-05-2013, 09:28 AM

counselling session One - 09:28 UK time

Sorry for misreading your post Uncle Joe - I can only put it down to never having read about life meaning life actually happening and my brain did a quick, but foolhardy, change in seeing what I believed rather than what I'd actually read!
how long has this been going on BV?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 09:59 AM

My Mother had a saying Do what you want but afterwards pay for it.......I dont think she meant on the never never!Seems to me that the prisons are filled with a lot of YPs Driving and taking away, lots of things that could be dealt with by the police, but they are bogged down with Paper work.Drink seems to be another thing that they throw them into cells for, all on the cheap from super markets.I could go on for ever but the juditial system needs sorting.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 10:06 AM

There are plenty of extremely nasty people in this world. Whatever the reason for why they are like they are in lots of cases is not worth looking into. Trouble is in some situations the only alternative is to stand up to them so 'an eye for an eye' approach can and will work.

Such an approach nearly always has far reaching consequences though, with even long term retaliation down the line for many. Thing is with the death penalty there is an absolute end of any long term threat. Closure occurs for whoever they hurt, else victims (and families of such) live a life of dread and overhanging menace. Many lives are ruined as a result. It won't stop people from committing some awful crimes but for many it will help immensely.

It is in our nature to fight and to stand up to aggressors. Is killing someone in war any different to killing someone who has waged war against society internally?

If someone killed a member of my family for whatever reason and was classed as a murderer I would find a way to get justice even if my own justice meant ignoring the law of the land. Your own gut tells you what is right or wrong in most cases.

So yes the death penalty should be considered else a punishment so harsh dished out that suffering victims anquish is mollified.

Somewhat over the top but you get my drift .
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 12:42 PM

I have always agreed the death penalty should be brought back. I don't see why we should pay for these murderers, child abusers and rapists. They should be put out of our misery, then perhaps the victims will start having a decent life know the so and so will never re appear again.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 01:45 PM

A percentage of the money that would have been spent on keeping the murderer of the victim in jail should be given to immediate family and the rest spent on child services and crime prevention imo.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
counselling session One - 09:28 UK time

how long has this been going on BV?
Well doctor, it was something I worried greatly about until I discovered it's a well known phenomenon!

http://themetapicture.com/if-you-can...a-strong-mind/

Would you adam n eve it!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

29-05-2013, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

It is in our nature to fight and to stand up to aggressors. Is killing someone in war any different to killing someone who has waged war against society internally?
This is discussed in sociology - I seem to remember it being referred to as state-approved murder and boxing as state approved violence.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
This is discussed in sociology - I seem to remember it being referred to as state-approved murder and boxing as state approved violence.
Darn and there I was thinking I was being so original. Shot down in flames again .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top