Join for free
Page 96 of 102 « First < 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 10:39 AM

Re: Chinwaggers

Oh dear Val, not your OH too.
Keep well away from him !

I've stopped coughing in the night and still need to catch up on sleep.

I have collected all the spare keys in my house and put them in a bag. Doubt that any of them are duplicates of Mum's but it's worth a try before getting a locksmith.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 11:13 AM

Good morning Chinwaggers.

Sounds like new locks required Rachel but its worth a try with your spares.

You must be totally fed up by now Val, plus hubby now.
Hope its all gone in time for your Jury service.

Just waiting for a coffee to be made and then a walk into the village for a few bits and bobs. This includes shoe laces that my mother is insisting I buy for her. She's wearing a pair of canvas lace up shoes at the moment and is scared the current laces will snap before I've bought a new pair.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Good morning and welcome to the ex-Game4aLaugh members who have joined recently.

Hope we can have our usual chinwag here and, of course, others welcome too.

It looks a bit miserable outside but at least there's no frost this morning.

Off to work soon and then off for lunch with a friend. See you later folks.

Joy
Why do you need to say Good morning on another thread for 'Chinwaggers' when there already is a 'Good Morning' thread?
Having a separate thread looks like you are trying to form a clique or a 'separate us and them' on the forum which spoils it for others.

There are also lots of boards in the General chat area for any chattering you want to do so why a new set up?
Just curious.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 01:54 PM

I dont think any one is trying to seperate people .... its like at a party where people form smaller groups to talk ...you cant have the whole room talking about the same thing there just wouldnt be the space for everyone to talk... I go on both threads to say hello to different people who frequent both.... I feel just as welcome on both threads ... although it gives me the oppertunity to to talk about different things .... This one is more girlie chat with a few boys who like to chat to the other is more grown up and i feel more boy chat where girls can chip in too.... Just like in real life.....
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 02:06 PM

Baggy is right, no way do we want to be clique or separate folk. We were all a bit shy coming from a very small forum and it was like somewhere for us to "meet".

If you see there are lots of folk who chip in and chat so we have made lots of new friends on here too. We all post on other threads too so not just exclusively here.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 02:15 PM

I think we cover all sorts of topics as you do when chatting, that don't need in depth discussion.

As Joy says, we have made a few new good friends who enjoy coming here, and we like hearing how they are getting on.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-04-2013, 02:18 PM

Right, I'm going to get my duster out and let the vac see my carpet and then I will return.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 03:35 PM

Well I have had a lazy day ... apart from walking dogs checking goats and bringing in wood and a bit of house work... I have done nothing all day. Just sat by fire watching telly reading and eating ....
I shall make up for it tomorrow and get back out in the garden.
bettyespana
Costa Blanca,Spain
bettyespana is female  bettyespana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Right, I'm going to get my duster out and let the vac see my carpet and then I will return.
Hi Joy,

That is what I have just done before coming on here.
Great minds think alike I should say!! ha!ha!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I dont think any one is trying to seperate people .... its like at a party where people form smaller groups to talk ...you cant have the whole room talking about the same thing there just wouldnt be the space for everyone to talk... I go on both threads to say hello to different people who frequent both.... I feel just as welcome on both threads ... although it gives me the oppertunity to to talk about different things .... This one is more girlie chat with a few boys who like to chat to the other is more grown up and i feel more boy chat where girls can chip in too.... Just like in real life.....
Baggy is right, no way do we want to be clique or separate folk. We were all a bit shy coming from a very small forum and it was like somewhere for us to "meet".

If you see there are lots of folk who chip in and chat so we have made lots of new friends on here too. We all post on other threads too so not just exclusively here.
Originally Posted by valice ->
I think we cover all sorts of topics as you do when chatting, that don't need in depth discussion.

As Joy says, we have made a few new good friends who enjoy coming here, and we like hearing how they are getting on.
Well said
I'm still getting lost anyway and feel that the more threads the merrier

Page 96 of 102 « First < 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top