Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 12:59 PM

Re: March Photo Competition 'Candid'

Traveller
Bangor Co Down and France
Traveller is male  Traveller has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 12:36 PM

[IMG]
[/IMG]

One beer for lunch and I'm away for the afternoon!
Traveller
Bangor Co Down and France
Traveller is male  Traveller has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 12:53 PM

[IMG]
[/IMG]

It would try the patience of a saint
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 08:20 PM

This month's competition is now closed....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 10:23 PM

Question: when I worked in advertising we were strictly bound to have a "model release" signed by anyone identifiable in a published photo (or the parent or guardian or anyone under age 16) prior to using it. Should we be getting permission from the people in these candids wherever a face is recognizable?
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Question: when I worked in advertising we were strictly bound to have a "model release" signed by anyone identifiable in a published photo (or the parent or guardian or anyone under age 16) prior to using it. Should we be getting permission from the people in these candids wherever a face is recognizable?
I dont think this is relevant in this forum competition as I do not think that anyone is likely to be selling there images for any financial gain so I do not feel there may be any copyright or model release issues there. Any images I post I do so are my own images and if anyone has any issues then direct them to me and I will deal with this as I post my images as my own copyright taken in a public place. If however this is a forum guideline or policy then I fully understand. Just like to make the comment "is this not a bit of fun".
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2013, 12:39 PM

As I understand it, it is quite legal to take photos of people in a public place as long as you don't use those photos for financial gain without the permission of the people in the photo.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2013, 01:30 PM

Spot on Alan.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2013, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
As I understand it, it is quite legal to take photos of people in a public place as long as you don't use those photos for financial gain without the permission of the people in the photo.
I thought I'd bring it up since I know some people who would never, under any circumstances, want their photo, or that of a family member, posted anywhere on the internet.

Remembering how the company I worked for was so strict about model releases for advertising and also for use in the company newsletter, I wondered whether any of the subjects in the candid shots here would object if they knew. The one I used of my brother doesn't show enough of his face to identify him. If it did, I would not post it. The baby in the other is now 27 and I have her permission anyway.

But I guess we have nothing to worry about here as only members can see the pics and nobody will gain financially from the competition. Thanks for clearing it up.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2013, 07:41 PM

The Poll will follow in a couple of days

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top