Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 07:33 PM

Re: Do you have a dishwasher?

We've always had a dishwasher. When we moved to this house 6 years ago, it was fitted with all new Indesit white goods. The dishwasher was the only thing that didn't break down within 2 years , but it was crap at washing.

Now we've got a 'Rangemaster' dishwasher and it's excellent. We don't have a dishwasher in the motorhome, so when we go camping it's back to washing by hand. Still, the washing up area on campsites is where you often meet people for a chat.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
We were talking about dishwashers with friends at the weekend.
They have removed theirs and put a large wine rack in it's place.
Now that's what I call sensible
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Now that's what I call sensible

No Ania...the garage would keep it cool, and he could store twice as much.
Geoff, he makes his wine in his kitchen and ferments it in his utility room airing cupboard...much the same as we used to.
We haven't made any for donkeys years.
Roma
New Member!
Wales
Roma is female 

07-02-2013, 09:22 AM

I have had a dishwasher for SO many years and I would never have been without it even though I was always the only one who would "load" it and the only one to "unload" it. I always found we needed far more dishes than someone with no dishwasher. OH would find no spoons etc in cutlery drawer and would he then go and empty dishwasher...?? No way, he would just remove a spoon!
Anyway, moan over, feel better now!
Point of my reply (all coming back to me now!!) was to say that as much as I loved my dishwasher, still standing out in our utility room, I no longer use it.
Mostly because we are on a water meter in this house and they use a fair amount of water not to mention electricty. Our budget is not what it used to be!
After all these years adn with only the two of us now, I actually find washing up and watching the birds out of the kitchen window quite therapeutic!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:31 PM

We never had need of an electric dishwasher, the wife doesn't mind doing it and when we have Family for dinner and the dishes pile up out comes "The Jem" all purpose unit, it's been in the house since we came here and never let her down yet, although sometimes it's hard to get it started, no need to put any water in it, a few pints of Guinness will get it going smoothly, sings and recites rude Limericks as it works and switches itself off when done to be stored away in an old armchair.
spinner
yorkshire
spinner is female  spinner has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 04:51 PM

The trouble with those older models is you just can't get the spare parts.
And if they seize up, they make such a loud whining noise
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by spinner ->
That's the down side of it Spinner.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by spinner ->
Are we talking of dishwashers here darlin' or something else???
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Are we talking of dishwashers here darlin' or something else???
I took it to be the male species UJ, they always appear to make whingeing noises about something or other
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I took it to be the male species UJ, they always appear to make whingeing noises about something or other
They do Mags - indeed they do !....

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top