Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 10:24 AM

Re: Backups... Do You?

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
could any of you explain to me please about Dell Datasafe does
that backup my files, photos etc.
Hi Wishbone sorry can't help you there but if you Google it you should get an explanation .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 10:26 AM

I was talking to my son about backups last week and yesterday a present arrived for me from Amazon
It is something on which to store all my data, now I just have to read all the instructions and work out what to do with it
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

13-07-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
could any of you explain to me please about Dell Datasafe does
that backup my files, photos etc.
Dell DataSafe Online is basically an online storage facility.
If you bought a Dell machine I think a 'free' version of the application would have been bundled with your package. It should therefore already be set up to use.
Depending on the level of space they allow you, use it to upload copies of your music, photos or other files on a secure storage server by using your internet connection.
The setup encrypts and compresses your stuff before it is copied to the remote facility.

HTH
beanybit
Birmingham
beanybit is female  beanybit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 02:26 PM

I have a NAS drive, but manually back up whenever I remember. It's an excellent way to store and access files when you PC decides to pack up. I've seen family members lose tons of photos and videos which they now can't get back, so I would advise everyone to have some sort of back up. Even if it's just an external hard drive that you can get from Amazon etc.
beanybit
Birmingham
beanybit is female  beanybit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Oh yeah, you can use online storage, but I always worry about companies 'owning' your files (there's something in the T&Cs I think). It's ok for the odd document and handful of photos. Google Drive allows 5GB of storage free, but I would opt for Dropbox as I don't trust Google.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top