Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2012, 08:14 PM

Re: New thread for joyce.

It must be of great comfort to Joyce knowing you're there with her.

Thinking of you both x
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2012, 09:19 PM

Both still in my thoughts James, take care of yourself.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 01:07 AM

I've been offline for over a week now but have read the other thread about Joyce, so thought I'd answer in here.

Jimbo, I am so sorry to hear about your lovely wife but listen lad, you've been an absolute star, and nobody could have done more for her.

You've been wonderful and you've been a guiding light for her and you continue to be.

I can't say I know what you're going through so I wouldn't insult you by saying I do, but I do know that the love you have for her still shines through in your posts.

Take care of you as well lad. xxx
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 07:51 AM

Good Morning everyone,thank you all for your very kind comments,very much appreciated.

I dont think that Joyce recognised me yesterday when I was leaving her last night. Thats the bit I dont like saying Good Night and having to leave her there.

Yesterday I got her to eat a half tub of yoghurt and a half tub of icecream plus a drink of water..

Yesterday I got permission for my very nice neighbour Annette to see her in the morning....she gripped Annette`s hand very tightly..
I was asked yesterday to bring in one of those spray dry shampoos for her hair. Annette got me one in Boots.

Well friends another neighbour across the way has just phoned to see when I would be ready for her to run me to the Hossie.

Have a good day all whatever the weather.

James.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 11:31 AM

Morning Jimbo. I'm glad you have such nice neighbours, and hope the days with Joyce are peaceful. Look after yourself, or better still let others look after you too.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 11:46 AM

I'm glad you have some neighbours who want to visit Joyce and to help you out with trips to the hospital. I bet she enjoyed her yoghourt and icecream too, well done James.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 11:55 AM

You brought back memories of how my dad would sit with mom in the nursing home for days - weeks - months. She is so lucky to have you and I truly believe she knows you are there. Thoughts and prayers for the both of you as this journey continues.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 11:59 AM

It's good other people are visiting Jim it may help to ease the burden on you a little.
I dont think that Joyce recognised me yesterday when I was leaving her last night. Thats the bit I dont like saying Good Night and having to leave her there.
Jim I wouldn't assume that to be the case, when people are ill like Joyce they can get very tired or can't always make the effort to respond. I am sure your physical presence will have been comforting to Joyce even if she appeared not to respond to you.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 07:04 PM

So glad you have someone who can give you a lift to hospital James, please be careful rest as much as possible Annie.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2012, 07:35 AM

Good Morning all......Just getting ready for my trip up to the Hossie to visit Joyce.
What will I find today...........I could only get her to take a little icecream and a few sips of coffee yesterday.Oh and a sip of water.
I am taking in a spray dry shampoo so they can do her hair nice,

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top