Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk
Terencefw.GC1 is male  Terencefw.GC1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 06:06 PM

I'm all right Jack, gold plated pensioners

What really amazes me is the situation we have on this planet is that those people who through age, amas a wealth of Knowledge and experience decide to hang up their shoes and hand over the mantle of decision making to those who know nothing and have never made a mistake in their lives and have had to live with its consequences. is it because, in this country we pay them off with gold plated pensions.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 06:33 PM

Re: I'm all right Jack, gold plated pensioners

Decision makers have great responsibility for those decisions. Maybe people get tired and need to relinquish that responsibility to follow their own personal pursuits. I don't think it is anything to do with gold-plated pensions.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 07:04 PM

It wouldn't be normal to hand over the reins to some spotty YTS youth on your retirement, but to someone of equal knowledge and experience but ten years younger?
Surely we all deserve to hang up our workboots at some point, regardless of the type of pension (or not) that we have....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 07:06 PM

There have always been those that have and those that have not, and if you cant help in some way those that havent anything its a bad job.
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk
Terencefw.GC1 is male  Terencefw.GC1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It wouldn't be normal to hand over the reins to some spotty YTS youth on your retirement, but to someone of equal knowledge and experience but ten years younger?
Surely we all deserve to hang up our workboots at some point, regardless of the type of pension (or not) that we have....
I will be honest, I have 12 years to go to my retirement, and apart from my 5 weeks recent jury service. I can not say I have contributed to society apart from paying tax etc. I would like to go into politics on retirement to show my children I can do my bit!....trouble is all the present political parties stink!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Terencefw.GC1 ->
I will be honest, I have 12 years to go to my retirement, and apart from my 5 weeks recent jury service. I can not say I have contributed to society apart from paying tax etc. I would like to go into politics on retirement to show my children I can do my bit!....trouble is all the present political parties stink!
Terry - what about George Galloway's RESPECT party???
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk

05-05-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Terry - what about George Galloway's RESPECT party???
not keen on George Galloway, his alliance with members of our enthic groups, suggest they are using each other for their own purposes.Hmmmm. perhaps I ought to know more before I definately dislike him.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Terencefw.GC1 ->
What really amazes me is the situation we have on this planet is that those people who through age, amas a wealth of Knowledge and experience decide to hang up their shoes and hand over the mantle of decision making to those who know nothing and have never made a mistake in their lives and have had to live with its consequences. is it because, in this country we pay them off with gold plated pensions.
No, it is because when you have had to make decisions that effect peoples lives you just need a break from the stress and responsiblity as Rena says.
When you are in a postion of decsion making it is not the decisions that make you stressed out it is the possible recurrences that come from those decisions that you worry about.
I was please to sell off my company to the workers so that I could relax and enjoy life but one condition of the sell off was the advisory capacity I would take on if and when they needed it, pensions had nothing to do with my decision to retire.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 09:52 AM

Maybe those people with experience don't disappear with their gold plated pensions. Many with skills go on and do voluntary work - and a lot goes on behind the scenes which nobody ever knows about. My Godfather for one - when he retired joined the VSO and worked in many developing countries, passing on his knowledge and experience. He and my Godmother never finished working - in fact they said that VSO work opened up a whole new and enriched life for them both. They never had any children of their own and had had very successful lives professionally and financially - they said that VSO enabled them to help repay their good fortune.
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk

11-05-2012, 09:30 PM

Perhaps we in the UK, don't celebrate enough the work of these people who contribute as it were to their final breath!, instead people aged 40 or younger think you get senile and useless as soon as you become eligible for a free bus pass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top