Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 10:36 PM

Re: Mawdlin' monday

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I've never had a close encounter with a cow or any other type of animal, but did get chased and pecked hard enough on the head to draw blood by a territorial nesting mockingbird. Does that count?
Is that the same Mockingbird, as the one I have been feeding Eileen
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 10:41 PM

Indeed it was! He terrified the cat across the street, Frisky, who got divebombed every time he came out of his front door! They are terrible when nesting....that one and his mate used to buzz crows!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 10:43 PM

and here's me thinking what a lovely boy he is...........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 10:50 PM

Oh they are lovely birds, friendly and sociable, but turn into terrors at nesting time if you get too near. Can't blame them, really, amazing courage in a little bird that weighs a few ounces to take on a cat, human or much larger bird. And their song is wonderful.
Moli
Aberdeenshire

19-10-2009, 10:51 PM

Must admit, I do love ths little fella.....He is so friendly...
Lainey
Aberdeen
Lainey is female  Lainey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2009, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Thank you-only thing that spoiled it was a herd of young bullocks. Brother assured me that we wouldn't go walking anywhere near cows as I am pretrified of them but he told me fibs-had to go through this farmer's field where they were and they call came to say 'hello'-thought I was going to pass out-anyway brother sorted them out and got me through the field. Made him pay later by buying me a chinese meal
You have my deepest sympathies, I would have just died on the spot. I never used to be scared of them until they took a rather big dislike to me. They chase me at any given oportunity. I swear they know my father is a butcher by trade, even the dairy cows...

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top