Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 01:20 AM

Re: new operation date

Uncle Joe and Kitty are both right. Pixie, when Uncle Joe says eat good wholesome food that doesn't mean salad, but proper food.

Kitty, she is amazing at painting and other handicrafts.

Pixie, you are my dearest friend and I would have said these things to you, but I didn't want you to think I was bullying you, so I'm glad other people have said them as well. Eating nuts and yoghurts aren't going to help lass, so make some of your home-made turkey burgers and have some boiled potatoes and veggies with it as well.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 04:09 AM

tonight had a tunna salad sandwish
and a granola bar and yorgert
but lunch had mash patoesw chicken corn
breakast oatmeal blackberrys and 1 aplle today and 2 pears and some dark dark choc 72 persent
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:19 AM

Pixie darlin', apart from the salad, that sounds fine, but let me know when you're making those turkey burgers Mollie was talking about, I'll hop the next flight and come and join you, they sound delicious!!!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:36 PM

will not be for a while joe
been told today bye the surgans ofice to stop the asprin tomorow
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:40 PM

Yes, they do that; they don't want toe blood too thin. And salad, in addition to, not instead of other food is OK ... tastes good, good for you and adds needed fiber to the diet.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 12:49 AM

I think Pixie should put her home-made chicken and turkey burgers in the Recipe Section.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
will not be for a while joe
been told today bye the surgans ofice to stop the asprin tomorow
Aspirin is similar to warfarin Pixie darlin' in that it has anti-coagulent properties - which is why Surgeons are telling you to leave them off several days prior to your admission. I will stop my warfarin five days before I go 'in' too.
pixie
Canada

07-12-2011, 03:59 PM

well tomrow morring is pree opp
going to se my docter before the hosptal
will have to make make my mind up last day for resserch
not keen on the warfrin at all scarry if you cut your self or have a nose bleed blood tests every 2 weeks for the rest of my life
and the clicking of the st jude valve
eating a lot of fibire always but stay away from anything proseced and aviod salt one cup coffie a day do not think I will be sleeping mutch anfter tomorow lol
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 05:39 PM

Pixie, don't fret too much about the warfarin; it doesn't mean you'll bleed out from a cut; just that it won't clot as quickly. You may not need to go that frequently for blood testing; they get the dosage stabilized; check that with your doctor if it's bothering you. My friend only goes like about every other month now.
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 06:39 PM

Hi Pixie,

My brother had a new heart valve 6 months ago, (he was born with a valve defect) he also chose the mechanical one as he didn't want further surgery. He recovered well.

June x

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top