Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 07:59 AM

Wednesday Return

Good morning everyone.

It is another nice day in the making, fluffy white clouds, with the sun shining brightly, birds singing their heads off with the farm noises as the backing group. With a temperature of 17 degrees it is just right for walking so we will venture round Ennerdale water today, lunch at some local establishment before and afternoon of catching up with what has happened in the world.

Sorry for being AWOL for a couple of days but on Sunday when we woke up the first words that 'She who must be obeyed' uttered were, 'we are going away for a couple of days, 'my reply ' When?' 'Now she replied' so it was all go and up up and away. We had a nice couple of days in Swindon and now feel fully relaxed.

Thank you all for your concerns, it is nice to know that someone thinks about you when your missing.

Have a great day everyone and remember, as much as you need to feel wanted so do your loved ones.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Re: Wednesday Return

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
..........We had a nice couple of days in Swindon .............
No, those two statements don't compute...............

'Nice time' and Swidon do NOT go together...........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 09:31 AM

Hi AB wondered where you were, pleased to hear you had a good time.

It is very hot here already , dread to think what it will be like later, still there is rain promised for tomorrow which we so badly need around here.
I am baby sitting later, all three babes and I am worried they will be hot and fractious

I keep losing my wireless internet connection, the box is getting very hot and I have to turn it on and off to make it work. It has only been in use since December so shouldn't be worn out yet.

Off to do a bit of tidying before it gets too hot , have a pleasent day everyone
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 09:33 AM

Nice one Alan...

Good morning to all and sundry, all waifs, all strays and ne'erdowells..

Early walk completed in the cool as Oscar seems to be intolerant of the heat, so he will probably sleep the rest of the day away. No such luck for me as I am instructed that we are to go and source a new microwave oven that does other than just microwave... Sounds like a likely shock to the wallet, poor thing..

Never mind, bacon and eggs for lunch (yum yum) and then a quiet afternoon with a book methinks..

Have a good one yourselves....
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 09:36 AM

I will cal this 'Not a happy bunny Wednesday'......

On Monday the clutch started playing up on the car.........

On Monday afternoon I get a puncture in the front offside tyre. Bear in mind this is a long wheelbase Nissan Terrano 4x4, so you can image the size and weight of the wheels.
Took it to the local tyre man for repair (yes, tyres can still be plugged over here) only to find there was a 1" split in it and therefore non-repairable.
So 2 new tyres needed (why 2 you ask, because the stupid Spanish law is that both tyres on the same axle have to be identical, to the extent the the serial numbers have match.( What a fantastic money making scheme that is)
Having them fitted today, €120 each, ouch.

The clutch problem was a sticking pedal caused by a worn pin, well the old bus is 10 years old. I have a great mechanic, and I mean mechanic not a fitter. He will fix things not just replace them.
Only cost me €40, phew.

Today the washing machine has given up the ghost, normally I can sort things but the bearings are shot so a bit to complicated for me, and expensive to repair professionally.
haven't looked yet for a replacement, but looks like about €300 +/-.

Lets hope that's the 3 things for this month.........
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
I will cal this 'Not a happy bunny Wednesday'......

On Monday the clutch started playing up on the car.........

On Monday afternoon I get a puncture in the front offside tyre. Bear in mind this is a long wheelbase Nissan Terrano 4x4, so you can image the size and weight of the wheels.
Took it to the local tyre man for repair (yes, tyres can still be plugged over here) only to find there was a 1" split in it and therefore non-repairable.
So 2 new tyres needed (why 2 you ask, because the stupid Spanish law is that both tyres on the same axle have to be identical, to the extent the the serial numbers have match.( What a fantastic money making scheme that is)
Having them fitted today, €120 each, ouch.

The clutch problem was a sticking pedal caused by a worn pin, well the old bus is 10 years old. I have a great mechanic, and I mean mechanic not a fitter. He will fix things not just replace them.
Only cost me €40, phew.

Today the washing machine has given up the ghost, normally I can sort things but the bearings are shot so a bit to complicated for me, and expensive to repair professionally.
haven't looked yet for a replacement, but looks like about €300 +/-.

Lets hope that's the 3 things for this month.........
So 2 new tyres needed (why 2 you ask, because the stupid Spanish law is that both tyres on the same axle have to be identical, to the extent the the serial numbers have match.

Not so stupid really . . . if there are different tyres on the same axle . . . under heavy braking conditions the different tyres will grip the road unequally thus causing the vehicle to spin outta cantrol.

Anyways . . .I digress offers . . . mornin all . . . and it's a cracker up here . . . the last few days have been really close and thundery . . . you could cut the air with a knife . . . a bit like the houses of parliament were when those thieving MP's were caught fiddling their expenses eh.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 12:03 PM

Good morning all, nice Sunny day today and I'm just going to laze about all day. glad you had a nice break AB we all need it every now and then.
Take good care of yourselves Folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 12:13 PM

Morning all beautiful sunny day here but unfortunately rain is forecast for the weekend while we're away

Catching up on the cleaning and washing today, already completed the Sainsbury's trip.

AB - good to hear you're ok and had a good time in Swindon. Yes, we do get concerned when a regular disappears for a while ....... it shows we care anyway.

Meg - hope the baby sitting is peaceful, maybe the heat will tire them out.
Hope your wireless connection sorts itself out soon.

Barry - good luck with the microwave hunt, I have a Panasonic Combination Microwave and it does a lovely crispy jacket potato

Nero - good to see you here too, I did wonder if you had disappeared again too!

Rocky - oh dear, it's just not your month is it
It's strange how things start to go wrong all at once ...... not good on the wallet either.

Hope everyone has a good day!

edit: Hello Jem, you arrived as I was typing!
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 12:20 PM

Good morning all and nice to see you back AB. It's a lovely here today.

Enjoy your day all.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 12:24 PM

Lovely day today but heavy rain forecast for tomorrow then Friday good again. Have a good day all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top