Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 08:55 PM

Re: Christmas decs.

Will take mine down tomorrow. It is rather sad isn't it, Truth be told though, I'm ready to take them down the day after Boxing day as I feel by then Christmas has come and gone and the decorations now seem jaded, the grandchildren plus he who must obey have snaffled all the chocolates off the tree, the cards keep falling over on the mantlepiece, the excitement and the build up to the day is over and the house now needs a good clean.

Sorry if I sound a right Grinch but there is no way I will wait until 12th night before I take the decorations down.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
When do you take down the christmas decorations?
Are you susperstitious about the 12th night? My Mum used to always say it was unlucky if you didn't take them down before then.

I am doing mine today. I like them up for my birthday (13th Dec.) and down after my son's (31st), thaat's long enough for me.
I am a tiny bit sentimental though, and have left two tiny snowflakes on one kitchen window and two on my bedroom window for a wee bit longer. I don't suppose anyone will notice except me, so that's alright.
My tree and christmas lights outside will be coming down on the 5th January and not before.
Seeing as I really enjoy christmas and new year too I dont mind in the slightest
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 09:13 PM

Ours came down 1st Jan. Starts looking tatty once Christmas is over. Its all happily stored in the attic until next christmas.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 09:23 PM

Ours came down today, the last of the Christmas and New year visitors were here yesterday........so that's it for this year.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 09:31 PM

My Mum always cleaned the house top to bottom on News years Eve , she would also turn money around in her purse saying it was meant to increase the flow of money in the New Year.I take my tree and cards down usually the weekend after new year ,as I dont always go out and have more time
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Took mine down today - wondering what to do with the cards.

Is there a recycle place anywhere I wonder?
Some supermarkets have a recycling box for cards, Carol.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 11:27 PM

Sainsbury’s has a recycling box inside the store for wrapping paper which can be put in the cards recycling box and this year it can also include Christmas lights, ribbon and plastic wrapping paper.

My decorations will be coming down tomorrow.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 11:31 PM

Mine have been put away today. I enjoy decorating the tree, but I don´t enjoy taking the decorations off it again.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 11:41 PM

Oh man!! I'm so glad I don't have any Scots blood in my veins, the very thought of even hoovering let alone anything else can go and take a running jump!

I'm slowly recovering from a vicious cough virus, as is my son, and my poor sister who went down with it first, the day after Boxing Day, is now in AMU with viral pneumonia, had to call 111 yesterday when I realised how seriously ill she was. What a fantastic service that is, can't praise it enough, or the lovely doctor who called here at 9pm or the paramedics who arrived at 10.30pm or the 5* AMU team who took her into their capable hands at midnight. I got to bed at 3 (wish I'd kidnapped that doctor!).

Oh yes, Christmas decorations! Well anything to do with angels reindeer stars bells Santa glitter ho ho ho etc comes down soon after Boxing Day. It bugs me after that. But the pretty tree stays up til the 6th unless it looks droopy, I'm enjoying it now, beautiful, and lifts my spirits as I worry about Sue.
And the little nursery lights in the kitchen and the white lights on the outside tree stay on until my birthday on the 1st., family tradition.
The neighbours love it, they say it brightens the street throughout January.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 12:03 AM

Glad to hear you’re on the mend Ruthio, I wondered where you’d got to.

Never before the 6th of January in our house, bad luck to do so before that, anyway a few more days makes no difference, I'm a supersticious old git, no sense in tempting fate.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top