Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 02:31 PM

More colourful world of today

Last week whilst on holiday, it made me realise how drab our world was years ago regarding colour of dress etc.

Here is a pic of my granddaughter sat in the beach tent, wearing her beach robe with the hood pulled down over her face, after swimming in the sea .......

So much brighter than the drab blacks, greys, browns, dark blues etc in my younger days!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 02:58 PM

Re: More colourful world of today

It depends when you mean - I remember going to art school in the 60s in purple, pink and yellow clashing vividly, with a big floppy hat and a blue velvet cloak.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 03:32 PM

fab pic Mags!

I agree with you - i think the world is more colourful now, in all sorts of ways, from the colour of the walls in our houses to our clothes and cars!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 04:49 PM

Cars! I remember when almost every car was black! And had running boards. Clothes: maybe, I remember when I was in High School I had an almost electric chartreuse sweater!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Cars! I remember when almost every car was black! And had running boards. Clothes: maybe, I remember when I was in High School I had an almost electric chartreuse sweater!
Black cars appear to be making a comeback here in the UK once again - they do look smart as long as they are kept clean and polished///
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 06:43 PM

Nice one Mags! I wish I had one of those too - they look fun!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I daresay I could get you one, Azz...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Black cars appear to be making a comeback here in the UK once again - they do look smart as long as they are kept clean and polished///
In the early early days Henry Ford said you could have a car in any color you wanted .... as long as it was black ......

And no, I am not THAT old! Just remember the quote
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I daresay I could get you one, Azz...
Think it may suit the Boss Mags!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top