Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 12:14 PM

My 4 Golden Retrievers

Not many times can I get all 4 girls together....but waiting for a treat is one!

Politely waiting for Biscuit

Please excuse decor, Kitchen undergoing slow revamp!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Re: My 4 Golden Retrievers

Aren't they lovely?
Are they related?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 01:02 PM

Lovely pic of them all together
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 02:17 PM

Lovely pictures ..

Do you get a lot of dogs hairs.. I know just having one little chap creates an endless supply of dogs hairs
Lyndy
New Member!
Southwest,UK
Lyndy is female 

16-12-2009, 04:32 PM

Lovely photo of your girls you certainly have your hands full !!
Are they related to each other ? I have a goldie he's just over 18 months a real character. He's our third goldie we love the breed. We also have a small English Springer she's a sweetie. Like you I just love my dogs LOL
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 05:59 PM

Aw they are lovely lassies. Terrific to see them all sitting waiting like that. Must all keep you busy!

Thanks for sharing
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 06:00 PM

Aren't they gorgeous, and so good............
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 06:09 PM

How do you manage to walk 4 dogs??? I struggle with 2 little Lhasas
Flamingo
Montagnac, Herault, France
Flamingo is female  Flamingo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 08:02 PM

This brings back very fond memories. We used to have a Golden Retriever but unbeknown to us, he was born on one of those ghastly Welsh puppie farms and who knows how many hands he passed through before we bought him. He probably left his mother long before he should have.

Jack had the most adorable temperament but was probably interbred and all his life - which only lasted until 9 years old when we had to have him put down to save his misery as he had an inherited stomach disorder.

We tried all sorts of resolutions but nothing worked: I would mass steam fish and rice, we put him on the Hills Science Food but in the end he became disinterested in walks and food so it was the worst decision in our lives but in kindness we had him put down. However we will never forget him. Jack was a very light blonde Retriever. We grieved bigtime for ages in respect of Jack and we regularly reminisce about him.

When my husband returned from work, Jack HAD to greet him with something in his mouth. I would tell him to fetch my husband's slippers from upstairs. 9 times out of 10 he would get it right but sometimes it was one slipper and one trainer or shoe. Never mind he undertook his task with great pride and was of course praised very well.

Looking to the present and future though, we now have a Bichon Maltese - one extreme to the other. Charly is only 11" tall, totally white and only weighs 5kg. He is just so, so cuddlable (if there is such a word).

Jack our Retriever loved a cuddle but he was only 1.5 stone lighter than me so a bit of a bone crusher. This is one reason we chose a small dog. I am just not heavy enough/strong enough to control a larger breed.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 11:04 PM

Lovely pic of all the girls together.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top