Join for free
yorkielover
New Member!
Swindon
yorkielover is female 

14-12-2009, 09:22 PM

Discworld by Terry Pratchett

I just love his books, when I am feeling low I just start reading them and soon come out of the blues, my favourite characters are Rincewind, Cut my own throat Dibbler, and the Librarian
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 10:54 PM

Re: Discworld by Terry Pratchett

I'm another Pratchett fan, love him! Our library doesn't have too many, unfortunate;ly; I just finished Unseen Academicals ... ROTFL!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 10:56 PM

I wish I had more time for books!

Think I may get one of those book readers tho (maybe an ipod touch) as they're handy for reading in bed/on the loo/waiting rooms etc
ladyval
New Member!
Lancs,UK
ladyval is female 

15-12-2009, 12:45 AM

Hubby is mad on Terry Pratchett books .
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 10:04 PM

How great is this!!!! I thought I was the only one past fifty ever to read Terry Pratchett.

Rincewind is my favourite too (and the luggage), since they appeared in the two first books my daughter gave me for x-mas many years ago.

Since then I think I have read most of his books - some from the library, but I also have bought quite a few myself.

It was so sad to hear about his illness - but at least he has given loads of people great joy by writing these books.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by anna ->
How great is this!!!! I thought I was the only one past fifty ever to read Terry Pratchett.

Rincewind is my favourite too (and the luggage), since they appeared in the two first books my daughter gave me for x-mas many years ago.

Since then I think I have read most of his books - some from the library, but I also have bought quite a few myself.

It was so sad to hear about his illness - but at least he has given loads of people great joy by writing these books.
LOL, anna, I'm well over 50 and the Catsey member who told me about them is too! You are not alone!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 12:51 PM

I've heard so many recommendations for Pratchett. I'll have to go to the Oxfam used book shop and get a couple
(Anyone else got an Oxfam bookshop? Good copies, none more than half the original price)
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 03:36 PM

Terry Pratchett is Brill. And is still going strong with 2 books a year, despite the Alzheimers. But the best book for me is the one he co-wrote with Neil Gaiman - Good Omens.
One of the few authors I can re-read. ( that and Jim Butcher`s Dresden Files)
I like the Witches best. Lawks!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

17-12-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
I've heard so many recommendations for Pratchett. I'll have to go to the Oxfam used book shop and get a couple
(Anyone else got an Oxfam bookshop? Good copies, none more than half the original price)
I'd be interested in your opinion, DM!
nanny ogg
New Member!
Berkshire uk
nanny ogg is female 

17-12-2009, 09:41 PM

[B][COLOR="Red"]
Hi YL, I was lucky enough to play nanny ogg in Wyrd Sisters a couple of years ago,I had a great time being uncouth and boozy LOL

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top