Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 03:29 PM

Re: Couple on train

I wish the mother had plopped down her kids and bags into their laps and said, "Given that you understand the need for the young and old to have seats, then I am sure you wouldn't mind."

Seriously though, the old couple should have yielded and simply asked an employee for assistance.

The obvious plan was to get a reservation. "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on my part."

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What, like an ejector seat?
This conjured up fabulous images in my head. Thanks for that one!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I wish the mother had plopped down her kids and bags into their laps and said, "Given that you understand the need for the young and old to have seats, then I am sure you wouldn't mind."
That would have been an assault.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That would have been an assault.
Actually, no, it's technically battery. And while the kids would have not liked the feel or smell of that old couple, they could hardly charge their mother with such a crime.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Rail travel is just another area where the public are treated badly while being ripped-off. The highest fares in Europe, the poorest service and nobody could care less. The public are after all a captive 'cash cow' and like everything that's wrong in this country it's all about money and greed at the end of the day.
That is quite true Baz, it is noted that UK commuters pay 5 times as much as other European countries for rail travel.
UK passengers pay 14% of their monthly average wage, whereas other European countries it's only between 3 and 6 per cent.
The only countries that come anywhere near is Norway at 8% and Portugal 9%.

Let's hope that the Government bill to rid the rail of Franchises will put paid to the greed of the Train companies.
Passengers have for too long been a convenient cash cow to feed the pockets of shareholders while the services for passengers has become worse instead of better.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Seriously though, the old couple should have yielded and simply asked an employee for assistance.

The obvious plan was to get a reservation. "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on my part."

This conjured up fabulous images in my head. Thanks for that one!
If the old codgers had played it right, they might have even got into first class instead of the woman and children, which would have pleased them till the day they died.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Just shows there is no age limit on being an AH .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Just shows there is no age limit on being an AH .
True!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 11:10 PM

Yep being an AH in later years means there are less years to worry about the consequences.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 09:00 AM

They might not have been able to reserve a seat....there are only so many seats available for reservation and sometimes they have to be booked weeks in advance....as I said before the elderly couple behaved badly but the real culprits are the service providers.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top