Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Re: School...............

[QUOTE=madmare;6752]
I was fairly well behaved but at secondary school was a bit of a rebel. To cut a long story short w used to see what we could eat in class without getting caught. Crisps were difficult as noisy but an orange definatly got you caught as it smelt so strong .
The we tried passing a lighted candle round the class but that culminated in gunpwder being found in our desks and we were accused of trying to blow up the school.

Would have joined in if I had been at your school !!
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

05-09-2009, 08:41 PM

I was very bad in school....... spent most of the afternoons in the third floor loos smoking then realised perhaps that wasn't such a good idea and straightened up.

Favourite subject - English
Most hated - Algebra - I didn't get it, and still don't!

suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 08:43 PM

Hated anything to do with school did best at English and History detested PE never went to classes on my last day PE Teacher thought I was a new join...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=Vicki;6950]I was very bad in school....... spent most of the afternoons in the third floor loos smoking then realised perhaps that wasn't such a good idea and straightened up.

That's a bit more than 'naughty' Vicki- that was 'very naughty'
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 09:03 PM

I went to a convent school, although I am not a Catholic. Generally, I liked school. English was my favourite subject and I too hated gym. We used to visit the local Butlins for swimming during the winter but I was not allowed to swim because the chlorine bought on eczema, but I still had to go to the baths in a crocodile. I did so want to go swimming! Still can't swim properly.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Loathed school because I never `fitted in`.
At Primary school Angela and I were the `bright ones`. But I couldn`t do maths so she `won`. She later hanged herself so that gives you an idea of what a bundle of joy that school was.
Then a huge Comprehensive (2000 pupils) where most of our time was spent working out where we were meant to be.
Then we moved and I was sent to a Grammar School where they thought I was common because of my accent so they didn`t talk to me.
So I dropped out and took a degree when I was a lot older.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki ->
I was very bad in school....... spent most of the afternoons in the third floor loos smoking then realised perhaps that wasn't such a good idea and straightened up.

Favourite subject - English
Most hated - Algebra - I didn't get it, and still don't!

Algebra I could never get my head round that subject, we had a great maths teacher too, Mr Serrafini, he was an enormous man of Italian descent but a great maths teacher, arithmetic and geometry were fine with me but algebra . . arrrrgh.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 04:34 PM

Has anyone here ever USED algebra or Geometry since you've been out of school? Or even remember them?
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 04:37 PM

As I remember it, no one explained anything about applications ..... same with log tables. I like to understand WHY, if not I don't seem to be able to remember.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Hhmmm! I quite liked School, especially the 4th & 5th years of Secondary.

Liked English & Music & Science...............hated Maths & GAMES

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top