Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 01:02 PM

Re: back in a month

Great to see you here Pixie, take things easy and you'll heal quicker.

Best wishes to you and your family for a very happy Christmas
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 01:37 PM

My goodness Pixie, you are made of strong stuff back with us already .
You take care now, it's good to see you around
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 01:41 PM

Great to see you back here Pixie, your husband's doing a great job looking after you take care and a happy Christmas to you and your family.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 02:06 PM

That was nice and quick Pixie, like the others say, take your time and rest. So happy you're home for Christmas, all good wishes to you and your family. Mary x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Rest and don't overdo; lovely to hear from you!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 07:07 PM

Ann darlin' - glad to hear you're ok and have had your clips removed - I have that pleasure yet to come - (OUCH!!!). As you can see I too am now out of hospital too - been out of hospital all of three hours!!! gotta go and raid my pantry in a while - am feeling hungry again ().

Little tip from me - when you need to cough - bring your knees up towards your chest - will not be such a strain on your chest muscles. Further tip, since lie me, you have to sleep on your back for a while - take a pillow, fold it in half and tuck it underneath your knees so that your legs are in a 'V' shape. This you will find is a little more comfortable for you and doesn't strain the muscles at the back of your legs or thighs so much.

Wishing you all the best for a very speedy full recovery.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 07:53 PM

Hi Ann. Hears hoping your recovery is a quick one. Nothing worse than being in pain. Take care, sounds like you are in good hands with your husband and family.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 07:59 PM

It sounds like youy could climb Mount Everest.... well dont ... Rest girl its the best medicine.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 09:26 PM

Good to see you about Pixie, as others have said take your time, do exactly what your nurses/ therapists have told you.
Excellent tips by UJ, nothing worse than not getting comfortable, myself I found putting the head of the bed up a bit helped me, but we are all different, I had been told that by my consultant when I was discharged.
I always clutched my chest when coughing, but when sneezing get your arms across your chest quick.
Not to worry you will not come apart the wires are very firm, although I was told that it does take at least 6 weeks to get a good knit there.
By the way welcome to the Zipper club, for those that have had open chest surgery, you will find out more about the club if you Google.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top