Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 03:48 PM

cockroaches have feelings too !

Or perhaps the MI6 could adapt this for eavesdropping on the enemy.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24455141
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 04:14 PM

Re: cockroaches have feelings too !

Aren't humans horrid! I watched a program the other day where they had flies in tubes, they shone lights at each end to see which way they'd go one colour was associated with aniseed & the other at the other end was something else. The flies had no choice but to stay in there walking up & down.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 05:31 PM

Nobody wants to see any creature suffer needlessly, making the creature endure having its back sandpapered and a blob of glue attaching what must weigh a ton to the insect on it's back, and all to see if it will turn left or right, cockroachs are pests but why make them suffer, maybe the scientists involved should learn cockroach and ask one which way he wants to go.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 05:44 PM

They should experiment on each other and leave defenceless creatures alone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 05:45 PM

I agree and then we allow TV company to make I'm a celebrity and watch people eating things alive
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 06:48 PM

That's what put me off that program.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 07:08 PM

Me too
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 11:38 PM

There are a lot of despicable people out there !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 11:55 PM

Oh come on, they are cockroaches! I stamp on them and poison them where ever and when ever I can but they still come back.

I wanted to try them fried at a roadside stall in Vietnam but couldn't bring myself to. Insects might be the protein of the future.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 11:13 AM

I have to say I'm with Bruce here. I hate killing anything, I'm quite happy to shoo out, when possible, bees, moths, etc..........but mosquitos and cockroaches, especially cockroaches which to my mind are the vilest things on the planet, to put it bluntly, I want them dead. I can't even bring myself to sweep up a dead cockroach, the very sight of them makes my blood run cold. Those of you living in UK don't have the problem of a certain time of year when the vile things fly or creep into your house unseen through places where you couldn't even push a piece of paper. Our house is as cockroach proof as it can be, special traps in all water drainage appliances, everything that can be sealed is sealed, I even spray every piece of wick furniture underneath, just in case. In the last 3 years we have had only two found and they were dead, but one of our neighbours tipped out her breakfast of cornflakes and two live ones appeared out of the box. The worst time is when the drains are sprayed, or whatever it is they put down them, that has them running out everywhere. So sorry but for me the only good cockroach is a dead one, I hate them and they carry filth and disease and I'm sure nobody wants that.
However I strongly disapprove of any animal or creature being used in experiments.

edited to add.....I believe a cockroach can live for 3 days even after it's head has been cut off, and no I haven't tried it. I did once pour neat bleach on one that was in the kitchen sink, it just went white and shot back down the plug hole !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top