Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 04:58 AM

Happy Sunday Folk.

Another view of mount Rosa in Italy.
We went up to Mansfield yesterday and, just as we were about to set off back home, the heavens opened. We waited until it had stopped only to find the roads flooded here and there. Did you get it like that in Forest Town Barry ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 05:02 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Folk.

Stunning picture - what a view ........
Good morning all Zzzzzz
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 05:43 AM

Good morning everyone, calmer here now after yesterday's downpour, but not much cooler.

Off to Clumber Park today for a long walk with the dogs then a picnic lunch whilst watching the cricket match, just hope the weather holds for us.

Yes Alan we had rain for most of the day on and off, with the heaviest storms late afternoon, quite dramatic....

Enjoy your your folks.

Barry
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 06:57 AM

morning folks
Thistledome
Derbyshire, UK.
Thistledome is male  Thistledome has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 07:35 AM

Morning Everyone

Fine morning after the rain yesterday.

Still warm though 22c at the moment.

Mike.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 07:42 AM

Washed out Sunday. Can we please have a storm here? High humidity and the yes stress of showing folk around one`s home(for sale) can leave one drained. I`m washed out my garden needs rain
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 07:49 AM

Morning everyone

Woke to a clear blue sky

It's going to be another scorcher today like yesterday which was a rather hot 38C!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 08:04 AM

Morning all. My fan has been going since 7.30am, as very humid indoors. I'd love to open my French door but I don't want a certain person to spot me. (Long story). A young boy who helps on his dad's allotment has been asking people for money, telling lies, and he's currently working on the house opposite. I don't want him to see me and know where I live. His dad (who was supposedly on holiday, but wasn't) is now aware and has promised to sort it.

The boy is an ex user and was spinning so many lies he was getting most plot holders feeling sorry for him. I refused to hand money over, being initially sympathetic, but saying 'I wish I could help you but I can't'.

Last night was telling when A ran away from somebody who'd 'lent' him £10 a few weeks ago after A claimed he'd fallen unconscious from a fit (possibly true) and been mugged while out of it. The lender came and spoke to me and I warned him of what we'd since learned.

Sad story, but horrible when you get taken in like that.

Anyway, happy Sunday.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 08:11 AM

Morning All

Nice morning after the thunder storm and rain last night.

Enjoy your Sunday
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 08:12 AM

Good morning everyone. Lovely photo Alan.
Went to Mansfield on the train and that was OK until
I had to get back home. The trains were all cancelled due
to signal failure from the heavy downpours they were getting.
Had to get a bus. When I got near to where I lived I had to
get off the bus to get another one, that's when the heavens
opened up and in a few minutes the roads were running with
at least 3 or 4 inches of water and at speed. The width on
either side of the road was over two large strides so to get across I had to jump into both sides of the water to get to the other side.
My sandals were swimming in it
The buses and cars on the main road were going through it and causing
a giant wave which was shooting over 5feet in the air. A pedestrians
shower I think I will call it. Needless to say I was drenched
Hope everyone has a lovely day. Take care.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top