Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Re: Health care - minor rant

Please note off topic posts on Thyroid problems moved here...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=10325
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 06:36 PM

Hi H - awesome info, thanks again. I'll print these 5 parts out to read carefully. I do know about Dr. Terry Wahls and I subscribe to email news from her. I have no doubt in my mind that nutrition affects MS and will continue to take notes.

Re Dr. Zamboni and the CCSVI procedure: my neurologist is Dr. Marcelo Kremenchutsky, head of the MS clinic at University Hospital in London, Ontario, a clinic with thousands of patients. They have not been able to find a correlation between the condition Dr. Z describes and MS. Dr. K showed me my own veins fully open on my MRI. His clinic funded their own trials which did not support Dr. Z's findings and furthermore, in reading Dr. Z's abstract published online, they noted that he reported a slow decline in all patients who underwent the CCVSI procedure.

I choose to avoid meds at this point, simply because the ones I've been prescribed in past made me worse. My pharmacist noted that prescribing them for MS was an "off-label" use. One was a drug normally used for Parkinsons.

My neurologist hasn't mentioned cannabis but there was one time (the only time) I tried it (recreationally) with odd results. After 2 puffs I fell backward in my chair and, according to friends who were with me, I went greyish-white, my eyes rolled back in my head and I lost consciousness. I'm definitely not interested in using it for my MS!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Please note off topic posts on Thyroid problems moved here...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=10325
Thanks Meg sorry about that I didn't think

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top