Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 03:58 PM

Re: When You Go Out For A Meal, Do You Ever Look At.....

I’m more like that with other people’s shopping trolleys, rather than food ordered out.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 04:20 PM

I do usually look at Mr T"s, and wish I had ordered that unless it is Filet Mignon of course .
lol
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:30 PM

Yes I do .
Especially if I have ordered something rather stodgy and I see a nicely presented salad .
( but if I had ordered the salad I would be craving pie and chips )
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:35 PM

Not as a rule. I have usually decided before we go there...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:52 PM

Not 'regretted' but my family do like to 'swap a bit'
Anyone who fancies sampling my meal risks getting stabbed with a fork .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not 'regretted' but my family do like to 'swap a bit'
Anyone who fancies sampling my meal risks getting stabbed with a fork .
Too right. I can't bear that.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Morning Art. Have to admit that if going for dinner at a new restaurant and being shown to our table, I do tend to glance at what other diners are eating to see if it looks nice enough to order myself. HWMO and I only ever order 2 courses and coffee so I like to get a look at what is going to be served to us if we order the same. i.e. presentation, quality and in HWMO's case, quantity!

Talking about Restaurants and food, HWMO and I went to a family Golden Anniversary lunch at a very swanky Hotel yesterday lunchtime. We had, as requested, already given our choice from the menu. I chose White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake for dessert and HWMO chose Seasonal Fruit Pavlova with Berry Coulis and Chantilly Cream. As he tucked into his, he offered me a little bit to taste, We both concluded that each was really nice, so after we had eaten half each, we swapped desserts and finished them off.
We have decided to do the same again in future ensuring we choose two desserts that we would both thoroughly enjoy, and have half each again It was fun to have two desserts and not feeling guilty.
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 02:34 PM

Sometimes at work we have lunch envy.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 02:57 PM

Sorry Art, hope you don't mind me going off topic for a mo, I was just wondering if anyone else, when experiencing afternoon tea (a rarity) at a smart venue that someone has raved about,( and not always cheap!) Do you get as ticked off as me if they bring the finger sandwiches and your favourite sandwich filling is missing???
I absolutely love Egg Mayo with Cress, but why do they omit this lovely, dainty sandwich in most establishments. Ham & Mustard, Cheese & Pickle, Beef & Horseradish, finger sandwiches they may be, on both brown and white, but they are NOT my idea of the typical English afternoon tea sandwich! okay, maybe for the men, but boo, hoo, I want my dainty Egg Mayo & Cress, or Cucumber and Tomato finger sandwiches so I feel as though I really have had a typically English afternoon Tea. I was really miffed when once again, my favourite was not on the table.
Is it an age thing do you think?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top