Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Re: Finally made it!

Originally Posted by Roger Parker ->
Hi! I would guess you have a large dog too, then? This one is ten years old now, a bit "set in his ways" and knows just about how far he can drive me and still get away with it! We usually have a friendly argument about it. At least when I finally get him off the bed, I can climb in, and it is warm under the duvet! Then he goes and sleeps on the rug next to the radiator.
My dogs are medium sized, they like to actually get in the bed. Usually Fiji but sometimes Kia too, it depends if she can tear herself away from the Aga.

I did used to have Afghans many years ago and they also slept on the bed.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2010, 09:53 PM

Hi, Moli,

Does the avatar with the motorcycle mean that you own one?
I have four, all old ones (50 years plus) needing restoration. That was a project for when I "retired" which I haven't got around to starting yet! I'll see if I can get some photo's of Zorro (he's my dog) from the mobile phone onto the system. Catch you all later, and thanks for the welcome. Roger.
Not now, when I was younger had a Yamaha..but that was a long time ago...
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

31-03-2010, 10:08 PM

"Zorro" (it is Spanish for 'Fox') is what I call the guy I now share most of my life with. He is the second cross of a first cross Grandfather Rottweiller dog X Doberman bitch, with a German Shepherd bitch. His Mother, who was two quarters one and one half the other, was crossed back to a German Shepherd dog. He, and the other four puppies from his brood, were mainly a beautiful golden tan across the face, shiny black over the back, grey streaks down over the shoulders, erect ears and tail, general German Shepherd features, but as soft as warm butter in their attitude.
They are big, look fierce, but are really gentle. If a cross to those same standards could be a recognised breed, they would be shown at Cruft's, I tell you. One of his sisters from the same brood has won awards in "Non-Pedigree" shows, as a " Working Dog", as she is very intelligent and used to do the " through the maze" and similar intelligence/agility tests. Now, her pups from a G.S. cross, are in demand for the same sort of training. I guess they are just big collies on steroids!
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

31-03-2010, 10:20 PM

The first Yamaha I ever rode, (I never owned one!) was one of those silly little FS1E's; basically a Honda "fifty" in drag! However, I DID come across one of those almost stupidly powerful "750" triple cylinder, across-the-frame, two-stroke Kamikaze machines which they couldn't sell anywhere else, in the 'Seventies. I think that what was made me decide to go back to cars!
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

31-03-2010, 10:28 PM

I have a neighbour with two beautiful Afghans. Both are now getting old and a bit slow, but I remember them with their graceful,flowing coats, streaming behind them as they ran, across the recreation ground locally, eight or so years ago. They are a beautiful breed!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2010, 10:28 PM

Once I past my driving test, that was it, no more motorbikes....!!
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

31-03-2010, 10:55 PM

I know what you mean! My first car was a Morris Minor, Series Two. 998CC four cylinder petrol engine. Zero to Sixty (eventually). Cruise at 50 mph (on a good day) and could hit seventy, down hill with a following wind.
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

31-03-2010, 11:02 PM

I know what you mean! My first car was a Morris Minor, Series Two. 998CC four cylinder petrol engine. Zero to Sixty (eventually). Cruise at 50 mph (on a good day) and could hit seventy, down hill with a following wind.
One of the things I planned to be, when I reached old age, was NOT wrinkled!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top