Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 12:03 PM

Re: How do you wash your veg?

Yes Bruce for those that have a garden - an excellent idea. However, since the Uk is nowhere near as large as Australia although we have four times the population, there are many of us who live in multi-storey properties (flats) who have no access to a garden and no interest in gardening either.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=Bruce;205103]Grow your own

But then I'll still have to wash them won't I?? I have actually got 2 growing bags for spuds and a couple of years ago I grew my own in the garden (well the Grandkids did) and shop bought ones were no comparison. If I planted them now I could have them for Christmas dinner instead of roast, and I could wash them in my water butt I suppose,
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Bruce for those that have a garden - an excellent idea. However, since the Uk is nowhere near as large as Australia although we have four times the population, there are many of us who live in multi-storey properties (flats) who have no access to a garden and no interest in gardening either.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
good thinking but not all flats have a balcony either, my friend lives on the 9th floor of high rise flats and she doesn't have one otherwise she'd have a glorious view of Bristol at night when it's all lit up.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Grow your own

I would love to one day

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top