Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2010, 12:01 PM

The Young Ones

Did anyone else watch The Young Ones on BBC1 last night? Some elderly celebs were put into a house which had a 70s style make over to help them relive their younger days. The idea was to help them feel more youthful in mind and body. It was very interesting, I am looking forward to part 2 this evening.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2010, 12:42 PM

Re: The Young Ones

Blimey I would need to lose quite a few pounds to fit into flared trousers and I would need a wig. Long gone are the shoulder length curly locks!!

And I cannot see me splashing on Brut or patchouli oil now.

Those days are gone and I am happy to grow old disgracefully
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2010, 08:12 PM

I might have a peek at that Qetta.
It would be great if the real Young Ones got in there - Rik (Rik Mayall) - Vyvyan (Adian Edmondson) and Neil (Nigel Planer) - that could be great Or was that the 80's I still laugh when I think of that programme.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 10:26 AM

I didn't enjoy the comedy by that name, too silly!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Oh my goodness yes, The Young Ones with Rik and Co was the funniest thing on TV for me and my son back then (along with Red Dwarf). If it's repeated I watch them all over again, hilarious!
As for this week's programme I've watched both so far and am enjoying it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 12:37 PM

I used to enjoy The Young Ones too ....... great light-hearted entertainment!
Dancingsky
None

16-09-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Oh my goodness yes, The Young Ones with Rik and Co was the funniest thing on TV for me and my son back then (along with Red Dwarf). If it's repeated I watch them all over again, hilarious!
As for this week's programme I've watched both so far and am enjoying it.
Nothing of that sort of genre amuses me.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
I didn't enjoy the comedy by that name, too silly!
Yes, it was silly Qetta, but I like a bit of anarchic slapstick - alternative comedy. Ben Elton wrote it with Rik Mayall. Ben Elton also wrote the Blackadder stuff - equally silly, but also brilliant, I think.
Dancingsky
None

16-09-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Yes, it was silly Qetta, but I like a bit of anarchic slapstick - alternative comedy. Ben Elton wrote it with Rik Mayall. Ben Elton also wrote the Blackadder stuff - equally silly, but also brilliant, I think.
I quite enjoyed Blackadder, but have never enjoyed slapstick, even as a kid.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Meant to watch it last night but missed it. May watch on the laptop in a mo as looks quite interesting.

I also dislike slapstick, always seems to be so much shouting and screaming and I could never fathom out why people laughed at The Young Ones. However, absolutely loved Blackadder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top