Join for free
Ziad
New Member!
Kent, UK
Ziad is male 

25-03-2014, 02:23 PM

Movie Heaven

As an avid lover of movies, I'm always looking at the next thing to use when watching films.

I had tried out Netflix, which is quite good if you like series and documentaries.

I just heard that Amazon Prime customers can access the Lovefilm section (now owned by Amazon) as part of their subscription to Amazon Prime. If you are a Prime Customer and like films then make sure you make use of it.

Not tried Sky though, as I think it's overpriced, nor Virgin, because it does not reach to our area.

I also came across another film site, which for the measly cost of $39.99 (approx. £25) for the year allows you to download or stream movies from the classics to the latest releases onto your computer, laptop, iPad, Kindle.

Now that's value for money!

Happy Movie Watching
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 03:13 PM

Re: Movie Heaven

Thanks for the tip Ziad. I tried Sky Movies a few years ago and never renewed, a waste of money, repeats over and over again, then the same films are switched around between the various Sky Movie channels.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 03:24 PM

I could never watch films on an iPad, Kindle, or even my laptop. Remembering the days when tv screens were only about 9ins it seems a retrograde step to watch movies on anything other than a huge screen.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 03:45 PM

I agree EZ, I have a Macmini connected up to a 37" television, not huge but big enough for the small living room, along with a cable box +modem and a Satellite box.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ziad ->
As an avid lover of movies, I'm always looking at the next thing to use when watching films.

I had tried out Netflix, which is quite good if you like series and documentaries.

I just heard that Amazon Prime customers can access the Lovefilm section (now owned by Amazon) as part of their subscription to Amazon Prime. If you are a Prime Customer and like films then make sure you make use of it.

Not tried Sky though, as I think it's overpriced, nor Virgin, because it does not reach to our area.

I also came across another film site, which for the measly cost of $39.99 (approx. £25) for the year allows you to download or stream movies from the classics to the latest releases onto your computer, laptop, iPad, Kindle.

Now that's value for money!

Happy Movie Watching
I would avoid cheap offers like this, you don't know what else you might be downloading with your bargain film ...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top