Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

13-05-2011, 09:40 PM

Re: Thingy

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I was never confused. I understand whoosiewhatsit too!
Originally Posted by Moli ->
Have to say I agree with you Mags.............

Of course you both do ..........
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Mags implied that over here thats what we call Ferns !
Hmmm well actually here's Mag's post:

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We would call that a Thingymebob over here, Bob

Yes, it is a fern and you've managed to capture all the detail perfectly.
I've put the important bit in bold. I really can't see how that is implying that's what we call Ferns. And _even if_ she didn't have the second sentence I highly doubt any sane person would think she was being serious.

From now on we are introducing a block system. If anyone does not want somebody else posting in their threads or replying to their posts they can PM me the name of the user and I'll PM the other person to let them know they have to ignore the other persons posts - that will work both ways so if you want someone blocked you have to ignore their posts too. This is a temporary measure until we get a proper block option built into the software.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

14-05-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We would call that a Thingymebob over here, Bob
Yes, it is a fern and you've managed to capture all the detail perfectly.
Originally Posted by Azz ->
Hmmm well actually here's Mag's post:

I've put the important bit in bold. I really can't see how that is implying that's what we call Ferns. And _even if_ she didn't have the second sentence I highly doubt any sane person would think she was being serious.

From now on we are introducing a block system. If anyone does not want somebody else posting in their threads or replying to their posts they can PM me the name of the user and I'll PM the other person to let them know they have to ignore the other persons posts - that will work both ways so if you want someone blocked you have to ignore their posts too. This is a temporary measure until we get a proper block option built into the software.

I dont agree with you Azz ........... For me the " important part " was the bit that I have highlighted in Bold and Underllined . ...Mags is saying it`s a Fern after she has said to Bob that over here we call in a Thingymebob .
I think it`s sad reflection on you that you have to question someone`s sanity over this !

I wont be PM`ing you to have anyone put on block .......... I`m far too mature and grown- up for that kind of behaviour ........... Let em all say what they want to whomever they want ..........
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
I dont agree with you Azz ........... For me the " important part " was the bit that I have highlighted in Bold and Underllined . ...Mags is saying it`s a Fern after she has said to Bob that over here we call in a Thingymebob .
I think it`s sad reflection on you that you have to question someone`s sanity over this !
In that case all I can think of is you were purposely being difficult (/a pita).

I'll repeat, I doubt any sane person would think Mags was being serious even if the second sentence wasn't there (the in her post makes that clear).

I wont be PM`ing you to have anyone put on block .......... I`m far too mature and grown- up for that kind of behaviour ........... Let em all say what they want to whomever they want ..........
While you might enjoy having spats with people others may find it tedious, so don't be surprised if anyone asks to have you put on their block list.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

14-05-2011, 06:10 PM

I typed out this big long post to explain to you why I thought Mags was wrong .All about articles and the fact that everybody was talking about the Ferns until she came alnog and said we called them Thingymebobs and i went further to explain how in the English language etc etc ...... Bah Blah Blah .....Meh .......... I then re- read Bob`s post and saw THIS .............

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
That's what you call it when you don't know the name. I took a walk in the woods and spotted a bush full of these.

Thats when the penny dropped ( lightbulb moment ) and I realised why Mags had posted what she had .... .......... So I scrapped that post and typed this one out instead

All I can say is I got it very , very wrong and I apologise profusely to all involved , especially Mags .

I`m really very sorry Mags , and you too Bob for mucking up your thread cos I didnt read it properly ......

Hope you can both forgive me .

Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

14-05-2011, 06:12 PM

don't be surprised if anyone asks to have you put on their block list.

I wont be

I`m off to eat Humble Pie > > > > >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

14-05-2011, 06:43 PM

Aww good on you for accepting you were wrong and apologising - it takes courage to do that and I think more of you now because of it
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 06:48 PM

yes it is a fern Bob but I wouldnt eat it.Just look at them.
annie.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Well I know what you mean Bob about thingy, when you have a memory as bad as mine whole lot of things are called Thingy.
Annie.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-05-2011, 03:57 PM

Aww good on you for accepting you were wrong and apologising - it takes courage to do that and I think more of you now because of it

Thanks Azz , but it was the only right and decent thing to do when I realised my mistake.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top