Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 12:39 PM

Re: Paxman and Mr Brown

Originally Posted by nero ->
If the Tories get a majority god help you lot in England . . . at least up here we have a partial buffer with the SNP . . . we have the best educational system in the UK with the EIS . . . our pensioners are better looked after too . . . . if the shit hits the fan as I think it might do all I shall have to say is . . . " don't blame me . . . I voted SNP ".

Might be a case of God help Scotland as it looks like you lot wont return a single Tory MP.

You can elect as many SNPs as you like wont do you lot any good.

The last 2 PM where scotch( I know lol) times they are a changing.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Brown's commitment that his prudent economic management would put an end to what he called 'Tory boom and bust'. This was repeated time and time again in the House of Commons and innumerable times in media interviews. For fairly obvious reasons, our PM doesn't mention this any more.

That is incorrect AB . . . boom and bust was mentioned several times during the interview.

His commitment to 'British jobs for British workers'. This was a promise he never had any way of fulfilling. Firstly because anyone from the other twenty six EU countries could come and go at will. And his government's deliberate policy of swamping us with almost uncontrolled immigration has led to British workers finding their jobs being taken by new arrivals willing to work for less money.

That works both ways too AB . . . how many Brit workers are there on the continent ?

He has also allowed his labour MP's to get legal aid to fight their court cases.

Blame the stupid legal system for that . . . and also the House of Lords which is rife with Tories.

But from 2000 onwards he really let rip, doubling public spending and dishing out more every year than the government collected in tax. So, each year our debt levels shot up leaving us hopelessly exposed when the recession hit and tax revenues collapsed.

You're contradicting yourself here AB . . you've already said he was a great chancellor . . make up your mind mate.

Brown pledged to give Britain of full employment within our generation'. Over 2.7 million people are out of work and another 2.5 million are on disability benefits - the highest rate of supposedly disabled people in the western world.

The unemployment figures you quote are only half the number who were unemployed under the witch Maggie.

His commitment to provide training or a job for every young person which has curiously resulted in Britain having the highest level of NEETS (young people not in education, employment or training) in our history.

Wait and see what Cameron does if he gets his way.

His promise to reduce bureaucracy in the NHS so that more money could go to frontline services. This has given us a doubling in the number of managers from 20,000 to 40,000 so we now have more managers than medical consultants (39,000). Moreover, we have lost so many hospital beds that when New Labour were first elected we had over 12 beds per manager - this has now fallen to just over 4 beds per manager.

Totally agree with this AB . . . but whose idea was it to introduce ward managers originally ?

Then his commitment to reduce paperwork to get more police out on the beat. Yet the government's own measures show that the police now spend more time on paperwork and less time preventing crime than ever before.
Blame this on our stupid legal system too AB . . . sack all the lords and demolish their house.

Apologies folks . . . I made a muck of this post . . it should've been in multi quotes.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Might be a case of God help Scotland as it looks like you lot wont return a single Tory MP.

You can elect as many SNPs as you like wont do you lot any good.
This is why Maggie the witch hates us . . . and all her worshippers . . . but we have our own EIS which is the best in the UK . . . and we take more care of the elderly.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 01:32 PM

Nero, Boom and bust was mentioned by Paxman but Brown shyed away from commenting.

Who gives a toss about British workers on the continent, that is a problem for those country's.

Brown says he abhors the things that these three have done so why does'nt he step in an regulate them saying that they can aford their own court costs and should not rely on the publics money to fight their cause. I think it is another expenses scam allowed by Brown.

I never said he was a 'great' chancellor, I said a reasonable one.

Unemployment with Maggie rose just over 3 million, Blair and co spent millions getting the figure down to 1.7 million, now it is back to over 2.7 million so those millions that were spent seem to have been wasted.

Dont you mean Cameron or Clegg?

Sack all the lords and demolish the house, cant do that Nero, someone has to keep watch over our stupid MP's to make sure that they do not sell the rest of the country.
mickypoppins
Colchester, uk
mickypoppins is female  mickypoppins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 03:31 PM

only a few more days to go now

this is fun - keep it up!!!
nero
Central Scotland

02-05-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Who gives a toss about British workers on the continent, that is a problem for those country's.

. . You can't say that AB . . you'll offend Brussels.

Sack all the lords and demolish the house, cant do that Nero, someone has to keep watch over our stupid MP's to make sure that they do not sell the rest of the country.

Yeah . . . like the witch Maggie . . she sold off the publics water, BA, British Telecom, and more nationalised industries than I can mention coz there aint enough room on the thread mate.
The Tory party have never changed since those dark years . . . Toryocracy or upper-class conservatism is inbred in them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top