Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2014, 02:45 PM

Re: What kind of charity work would you like to get invovled with?

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I am an animal lover and I often despair at the treatment all animals suffer at the hands of human beings but when it comes to charities I think of human beings FIRST and people in my country FIRST.

My wife and I do our best to support Cancer Research by donating clothes, books etcetera on a regular basis but when it came to animal charities the aggressive, rather vindictive habits of the RSPCA put us off all animal charities, so much so that my wife cancelled her regular donation when they constantly bombarded her for more money.
£160,000 RSPCA CEO salary? You are having a laugh!

Anything to help Disabled people gets my vote too I must say - I work in a place that looks after 34 (at present) disabled residents. Helping them to have the best lives that they can is very important as far as I'm concerned. stevmk2

Exactly the same happened to my friend, Steve. They constantly phoned her and were typical "foot in the door" salesmen. She told them if they didn't stop the calls she too, would cancel her direct debit altogether. The calls stopped.
They also went to my mother's house, she's 89, and tried to get her to sign a bank direct debit to regularly contribute.
I wish I'd have reported them now, it's disgusting behaviour.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top