Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 12:17 AM

Re: What kind of charity work would you like to get invovled with?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Make a note of this SF - for once I agree with you (and that's funny)
Mups it is funny, that in my attempt to be serious, I come across as funny, that must be a good thing, I suspect no answers will be forth coming, but I could be proved wrong once again.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 12:36 AM

Stumbled across this thread by accident, it was in General Chat (Light Hearted etc), has something been missed.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Don't understand, don't mean to be oblique, but what is humorous about a pensioner.
Older people have always made me laugh.

I remember when I had a job in a supermarket (Saturday job back then), and, one of the regulars was a pensioner. One day I had to pop over the road to get some change and he was out, we stopped to talk and he said "Jesus it's P*****g down today" and that just made me laugh as I wasn't used to 'old' people swearing! He noticed, then kept on swearing and had me in stitches
Uncle Mo
Hitchin Hertfordshire UK
Uncle Mo is male  Uncle Mo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 01:27 AM

Letchworth Garden House Hospice is a registered charity offering hospice care and support to patients from the community with a terminal diagnosis. My wife died of COPD a lung infection. We went to the hospice every week for over 2 years, the support and care from EVERYONE was truly wonderful. It was suggested I might like to be a volunteer, I jumped at the chance and should be going for an induction course in a few weeks time.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 02:16 PM

Don't understand, don't mean to be oblique, but what is humorous about a pensioner.
Some of the pensioners I know are hilarious and a better tonic than you'd get in a chemists.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 02:57 PM

You, have yer moments spittie so its a fact pensioners can be funny ...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Mo ->
Letchworth Garden House Hospice is a registered charity offering hospice care and support to patients from the community with a terminal diagnosis. My wife died of COPD a lung infection. We went to the hospice every week for over 2 years, the support and care from EVERYONE was truly wonderful. It was suggested I might like to be a volunteer, I jumped at the chance and should be going for an induction course in a few weeks time.
Good for you Uncle Mo.
I volunteer at our local Hospice whenever I can, even if it's just for an hour helping at lunchtimes.

I plan to give more time when I retire.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 04:43 PM

I too have been there and done that. For 35 years I was a volunteer in a neighbourhood Law Centre providing advice and assistance to all who came through the door - up and including representation at statutory Tribunals and local courts (as a MacKenzieman).
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 04:54 PM

Oh Dinasmum, furry fliys, you reminded me. I was clothing organiser when I lived in Glouster at Spa road. You could wear plastic gloves and you soon get used to the smell!. I also did One -in Five talks around the area the idea being if one in five knew what to do in an emergency there wouldn't be one.great fun and lots of friends, also was a Prison Visitor for YPS at Glos jail.Go for it girl you will love it. The only probs for me was regulally being chased around town by the clients after they had been on the scrumpy.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Would like to foster dogs but OH wouldn't so it won't happen .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top