Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
gateau
central queensland
gateau is male  gateau has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 12:11 AM

Re: People get happier as they age

Bravo baby my sentiments exactly, if they don't like me go round me, now debt free, single again and let me say i have never been happier, i would not trade being alone for anything its magical.
I get up in the morning and the day is all mine, selfish, some would say so but i could not care one eye hooter its my life and i intend living it my way.
Hows that dandysmom.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 02:55 AM

I pretty much agree with that, gateau! I don't think it's selfish to look after ones self; those of us who are single with no family/OH have to. Being debt free and in reasonably good health removes a lot of stress.
gateau
central queensland
gateau is male  gateau has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 03:23 AM

True, i feel sorry for the young one's, and this status thing, bigger house, the latest car, living the high life on credit cards, then when interest rates go up which they always do, half of them hit the wall, and lose the lot, now thats the hard way of learning to stay within your means.
I see you have Republicans in charge of congress now, that gave Obama a wake up call i'll bet.
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 05:32 AM

I love my life now. I'm much happier than when I was younger. My kids had me pegged to a babysitter to my grandkids and are very disappointed it didn't work out that way for them. I'm far too busy. My days are spent trying to find more ways to be self sufficient and make money from being so. Love it!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 11:22 AM

I`d like to know what criteria they used for being happy.
I suspect it was not caring about what people think.
I believe people`s nature just gets stronger as they mature. so if you`re a ditzy bird when you`re 20, you`re likely to be a mad old bat when you`re 70. And if you`re bad tempered in your youth, you`re likely to be a right moaner in old age.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 11:48 AM

Happiness is an abstract concept really. I think that I`ve been happy most of my life as I strove to meet life`s challenges, but now I`m possibly more content that I have met most of those challenges and now they are less. Like most of us I suspect I am debt free, I have achieved things that I can look back on with fondness and pride, and our children are all alive and thriving. Happy or content? Possibly both!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 04:31 PM

I think I agree with Claire about a person's nature/personality becoming stronger with age and I don't really think I have changed a lot as I have aged.
I think I fall into the generally happy but dizzy young bird/mad old bat category Claire mentions. Like most people there are still things that make me very happy, but others that make me sad and angry - these emotions have not changed and still have a strong affect on me.
For me I think I am fortunate in that I have never been "clinically" depressed. My sense of perception has become enhanced with age and although I am still as intense as I was when younger, experience has taught me to modify it and keep it under better control. This has resulted in my being more content and in that respect happier. However, I am still an impatient person and work best and am happiest when I'm on a mission, with something to sort out and under a bit of stress. It makes me happy and feel alive "to make the dust fly" and get things to move on a bit.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 05:24 PM

How do you know if your happier?

When your young you think the world is yours and your not happy when things dont go as you expect, when you are old you have learnt that Rome was not built in a day and you are more content with what you achieve.

This could be classed as happier!!!

When I was young my Dad used to say I only thought of the three 'F's' Food, Football and Fighting, I was Happy.

When I got married my Dad said I was only interested in the three 'f's', Food, Family and Football, I was happy.

Now that I have retired I am still only interested in the three 'F's', Food, Family and Fun, I am Happy.

As the fighting left me, the family took over, when the football left fun took over, when the fun leaves I will be in heaven (or the other place) but will I be happy?

People are not happier as the age, their expectations of fun changes and people think they are happier but in reality they are just the same apart from a few extra wrinkles.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top