Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 10:19 PM

Re: How do you do?

Hi-hope your hubby is ok and not too badly injured.....that's one of my fears-slipping on the ice and at my 'tender' age it wouldn't do my bones any good......
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 12:35 AM

Thanks Moli.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 07:44 AM

Welcome to the forum Cate, . . . we have a wonderful membership here, . . we all care for one another and are good listeners, . . we wish you all the best for the future.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 11:34 AM

I realised very quickly what a great group I had joined. I am very grateful to have met you all. Things are getting easier for me. This snow and ice is something that I could have done without it means I can't take my dog for a walk. My husband fell on Sunday and has done some soft tissue damage and has been ordered to rest. That can't be bad. Thankfully we do not belong to the 'hard labour' age.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 11:14 PM

Hi, good to meet you, you are amongst friends here....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

08-09-2010, 01:02 PM

Hi Moli and thank you for finding this thread again.

My husband came out of prison in March and had to wear a tag thingy until August meaning we had a 7pm curfew.

We are getting back to normal although we will never be able to put this behind us as he is now under a POCA investigation which means that all money we have had is being looked at as a proceed of crime. It is unfortunate that people who have been in prison for violent crimes are released to start their life again but my husband will never be free from this and all he did was sell his business to bad people.

While he was in prison he often was not given his medication and the diet is high in carbohydrates so he was in a pretty poor state when he returned he now has kidney problems and when he fell he badly hurt his ankle and is still having to go to the hospital.

You may think that well, he went to prison so he must have committed a crime but honestly he did not. Now my brave hard working hubs has been reduced to hoping that the court realise that he did not benefit from this crime and put him in prison again.

I could get bitter and twisted but what good would it do. We have to enjoy the hours we spend to gether and the hours we spend with family and friends but this is always there hanging over us like a noose.

Again this forum has been a saviour to me. We are visiting friends and family again but for a time there you people were all I had at certain times of the day or night when I thought I just couldn't stand it any longer.

We take this forum for granted but for me at least it was a life saver.

I will keep this in my favourites and keep everyone up to date with what is going on.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 01:40 PM

I admire your strength Cate, good luck and best wishes to both you and your husband, I hope things can get back to normal and free of any worries for you both very soon...

Take care...
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 01:46 PM

I`m so sorry for all your troubles - it must be so difficult to live through that. Give yourself a hug for me.
x
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 01:52 PM

And all the best from me.

my husband will never be free from this and all he did was sell his business to bad people.

Sweetheart there is law and there is justice-sometimes the law confuses the two. And sometimes it`s easier to prosecute those who might have been silly rather than those who who caused it
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

08-09-2010, 01:54 PM

Thank you ladies for those kind words. You would be surprised just what you are capable of when strength is needed and I have always believed while there is life there is hope.

The only thing this has done is made me feel unhappy with our laws and judicial system which seems to allow violent criminals and cheats to get away and people who stay to face up to their mistakes carry the can back.

I am also very upset by the amount of bad publicity at the moment regarding the police and their treatment of members of the public. Whatever happened to the policeman who we trusted and who we were proud of I remember when I lived in America, people saying that we had the best police in the world now they seem to be getting angry and forgetting why they are doing this job.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top