Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2009, 10:40 PM

Re: How do you do?

Welcome Cookiecate

Sounds like Life is treating you pretty awful at the moment ... and that's when friends become a great deal more important.
I too have had need of good friends in the past who can make me laugh or help me get through the day. I think everyone reding this will privately nod and agree with that.

I think you'll like it here .
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 12:19 AM

Hello meiz, I am enjoying the forum very much. Things are diffinitely looking up. Unfortunately, my husband fell quite heavily this morning, he slipped on some ice. The irony is he has been telling me over and over not to go out with our dog as I might slip on the ice. He spent the morning in A&E and is now resting comfortably. It gave me a little chuckle as he is the great risk assessor.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Welcome Cookiecate

Sounds like Life is treating you pretty awful at the moment ... and that's when friends become a great deal more important.
I too have had need of good friends in the past who can make me laugh or help me get through the day. I think everyone reding this will privately nod and agree with that.

I think you'll like it here .
Moritica, Thank you for your kind welcome. I have learned in the last month or so that strangers are only friends you haven't met. I have found that if you open up to people they respond with empathy and support.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Hello Cate - I hope you will enjoy it here and feel supported
LynX
Cornwall
LynX is female  LynX has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 10:26 AM

Hope you husband is ok, that ice is evil at the moment.
Hope he get the treatment he needs and isn't too stiff this morning. Falls are always worst the day after.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Welcome to the forum CC, I was appalled to read your story, life can be so unfair at times. I hope you enjoy it here and can find some comfort and support here.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 12:51 PM

Welcome to the Forum and so sorry to hear about your troubles. It is awful that those con merchants haven't been found and forced to face the music. One day they will - what goes around in life, comes around and one day they will meet their just deserts. That does not help you, however, at this moment in time but hopefully things will get better for you.

Take care and enjoy this forum - you are amongst friend on here.

Bless.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 01:03 PM

Hello Cate, so sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time at the moment.

We are fortunate to have many very caring, understanding and supportive members here. I hope you will enjoy the forum and feel you are among friends.

Take care...
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

21-12-2009, 04:31 PM

Thank you all for your kind words of welcome and support. You all sound a lovely lot and I am enjoying being amongst you.

I haven't heard from hubs today yet but I think you are right he will be sore.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 10:12 PM

Hi, warm welcome....You will find we are all good listeners....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top