Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 08:51 PM

Re: Straw/Megrahi - There's mud being stirred up

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
I wish I was as certain about his guilt there seems to be considerable doubt, doubters including the UN observer at the trial. The only tangible piece of evidence being part of a timer found many miles from the other debris, some say it was planted there and statements from American security insiders to this effect have been made.

I envy you your certainty but in the cicumstances not your "compassion".

Interesting artical by the Left winger John Pilger.

http://original.antiwar.com/pilger/2...hi-was-framed/
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Well, well well.........just read that Jack Straw has admitted 'oil' played a part in the release of the Lockerbie Bomber........don't know why I'm so surprised
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 09:56 PM

In his interview today, Mr Straw admits that when he was considering in 2007 whether the bomber should be included in a prisoner transfer agreement (PTA) with Libya, Britain’s trade interests were a crucial factor.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2009, 03:29 PM

I wonder why anyone should think 'realpoloitik' does not exist. There is history everywhere; no political decision can be made entirely without thought to history and other matters.

I'd like to uninvent the internal combustion engine - or at least have it run on beer or fresh air. Oil is an evil thread running through all modern history.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 05:58 PM

He's still alive, . . . how embarrassing for the Scottish parliament, . . he had only weeks to live last September.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8216589.stm

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top