Join for free
Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 12:55 AM

Re: Farage Says It Like It Is

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'll go through these questions one at a time..

In order to not confuse myself...

EU money pays the MEPs' salaries
In sterling that's nearly £80,000 annually
Not including expenses....
In Farage terms that's £1,300,000 at the very least, he has boasted about earning for doing nothing (his words)
His expenses probably amount to more
But you said, "he''s squandered OUR EU money". Now you're saying he's squandered his own salary. Surely, if it's his own salary he can squander it on anything he likes. Other MEPs (and undoubtedly MPs and members of the Lords, for that matter) spend their ill-gotten gains on what they want: big cars, country mansions, duck ponds, etc.

On one point, I disagree with Nigel. He HAS done something for his money: he has held others in the EU to account and he has pushed for change, without success of course because the EU parliament can do nothing other than talk and argue about things. As I've already mentioned, they do not and cannot pass EU laws. EU laws are passed by faceless unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats hidden away somewhere in one of the EU's very extensive office buildings in Brussels and Strasbourg.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 12:57 AM

Sorry
You aren't reading my posts correctly JBR
Read again.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 12:58 AM

He has no other job!
He's a freeloader at best
Bear in mind that, due to his own actions with which you clearly disagree, he will soon have no job at all!

Surely, giving up his own job in order to regain our country's sovereignty should tell you something about the man.

He has my great admiration.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-06-2016, 01:00 AM

Sorry
You aren't reading my posts correctly JBR
Read again.
I thought I had. As an ex-teacher, surely you'd be prepared to point out my apparent errors! Go on, you can do it. Be specific.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-06-2016, 01:02 AM

Sorry Rhian. Going to bed now. Have you seen the time? You should be in bed too.

You can explain it to me tomorrow.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Oh bugger off malcolm, you're such a boring troll
Hear hear ruthio.
Hear hear
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 01:05 AM

17 years to hold them to ransom more like...

"I'll stay in Britain and disagree with the whole principle of an EEP...
But in the meantime I'll take £80,000 and anything else I can claim for from the EEP (thanks very much) and start my own little bigotists' hatred campaign in my own "insular" country. .."
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

29-06-2016, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Bear in mind that, due to his own actions with which you clearly disagree, he will soon have no job at all!

Surely, giving up his own job in order to regain our country's sovereignty should tell you something about the man.

He has my great admiration.
The word "freeloader" is going to become apparent again
But I note that you have understood my thinking JBR
Thank you..

I never claim to know it all..
I go on what I DO know
I'm not entirely ignorant of facts
But I always like to be enlightened too by those who can persuade me otherwise
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 01:13 AM

He has no other job!
He's a freeloader at best
Anyone can say what you like about Farage Rhianl, but please remember this.
Without him we would not have had the referendum and a taste of proper democracy.
Thank you Nigel for giving our country its Independence Day.
Your a star.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

29-06-2016, 01:21 AM

17 years to hold them to ransom more like...

"I'll stay in Britain and disagree with the whole principle of an EEP...
But in the meantime I'll take £80,000 and anything else I can claim for from the EEP (thanks very much) and start my own little bigotists' hatred campaign in my own "insular" country. .."
I'm quoting myself again sorry. ..
But I also need to point out that we are no longer in a world where countries are against countries..
Yes we have monetary powers and enemies and ever increasing terrorist powers and enemies...
But shutting our so called borders and thinking we can be a lone player in a globalised existence is in my humble opoinion a narrow minded approach

Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top