Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 06:01 PM

Re: Today's dog walk

I love the lakes, they are beautiful, and the villages and little shops. When I was young living in Manchester we used to go to Derbyshire on Sundays and walk, our favourite place was where the mines were, the Blue John Mines but I am sorry I have just forgotten the name of the place, what a fool, I knew when i started writing this.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:18 PM

AB I can see how much you love the Lakes from those great photos. Before I decided to move here 3 1/2 years ago I'd only been to Cumbria once when I was in my early 20's, but have no regrets with the move

Now if only I had the time to get out and explore all the Wainwrights
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I love the lakes, they are beautiful, and the villages and little shops. When I was young living in Manchester we used to go to Derbyshire on Sundays and walk, our favourite place was where the mines were, the Blue John Mines but I am sorry I have just forgotten the name of the place, what a fool, I knew when i started writing this.
I'm sure the name will come back to you Annie
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->

Annie, do you mean the Blue John Cavern?

It is where Blue stone was found.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 02:35 PM

Blue John Mines/Cave is at Castleton

I spent a lot of time in the lakes in the winter of 71. Beautiful and no tourists
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 12:19 AM

Well done to both of you, the photos are great, you're so lucky to live in such a beautiful place. We love the Lake District.
marpaul
North Cumbria

28-01-2012, 12:41 AM

Thanks Gabi, glad you liked the photos and yes I am lucky to live so near the lakes

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top