Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:52 PM

Re: Post Processing

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
It's the odd tip which can save head-scratching minutes Mr Oy. Thanks
Thanks - prepare yourself for odd tips
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:28 PM

My tip is if is wrong in colour try converting to black and white
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 11:03 AM

An add on to Lightroom, is NIK colour efex pro, Viveza etc.
A free download from Google.
https://www.google.com/nikcollection...olor-efex-pro/
I like them and want to explore more.
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:47 PM

I use Nik Software for certain "looks" - it's very good. I use it as a plugin for Photoshop though not lightroom.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 04:34 PM

I use Corel Photo-Paint for anything that involves layers e.g. adding colour to old black and white photos. Also use it for restoring/repairing old photographs. Xara Photo & Graphics Designer is used for quick cropping, resizing and other minor editing.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I use Corel Photo-Paint for anything that involves layers e.g. adding colour to old black and white photos. Also use it for restoring/repairing old photographs. Xara Photo & Graphics Designer is used for quick cropping, resizing and other minor editing.
Good to know Mart. Can you post some pre and post pics of your old photos - I'm interested.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 07:48 PM

A couple of them:

gasman
Kent, UK

01-06-2017, 08:22 PM

A great job Mart and a very interesting subject. Perhaps you could give us a masterclass on your technique?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

01-06-2017, 08:29 PM

The trouble is that the procedure can be slightly different for the program used. It is fairly easy in Photo-Paint but the subject maybe needs a thread of its own. I did have it all on a website until Virgin Media closed its customer web space. I'll see how it might transfer to a forum format.

I took a bit of the sepia away from the WW1 photo since first posting it. I thought the effect might be a bit overdone.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
The trouble is that the procedure can be slightly different for the program used. It is fairly easy in Photo-Paint but the subject maybe needs a thread of its own. I did have it all on a website until Virgin Media closed its customer web space. I'll see how it might transfer to a forum format.

I took a bit of the sepia away from the WW1 photo since first posting it. I thought the effect might be a bit overdone.
Can you not get Photoshop CS ?

That's the only one I've ever used.
OK I know it's expensive but there are ways around it and colourising using photoshop and layers is the best way.
Yes, it takes a while to perfect the art but is well worth it.

If you go on Rootschst, you will see all sorts of solutions.

PM me if you want to chat about it

I keep losing the internet today
sorry folks

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top